Horrid side effects

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im on Day 3 of taking 20mg citlapram. Day 1 no issues , day 2 and today have been horrid. Cant clear my head, major anxiety that ive never had as bad before and constant just bursting into tears.

Cinstant fidgiting, shaking legs and no appetite even though i am really hungry.

Is this the same for everyone when you start?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

oh Yes i hear you with the side effects i also had a stomach bug when i first started taking these also so i was being sick and had constant diarrhoea! was not nice. takes about 4 weeks then you will be over the worst of the side effects.
  • Posted

Unfortunately yes they were the same for me too!! But trust me, keep taking them each day, similar time, and it will get better!
  • Posted

It was dreadful for me days 2, 3, and 4. Then it started getting better apart from the sleeping, lack of appetite, and brain fog. But I am now about week 3, heading into week 4. Much better. Has made life much easier for me. Rough ride to start though. I didnt think it would get better and considered going off. Glad I didnt. 
  • Posted

Sean

Try changing ur diet a bit and eat foods that help deal with depression. And try to get a little exercise also. I find this helps tremendouly. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello You will need to give the medication time to work. To start seeing results takes about five weeks

Stay with this medication it can be worth the discomfort

B.

• Posted

Sean,

Everyone reacts differently to the medication but I've read some horror stories. Fortunately for me I did not have terrible side effects. It has taken a little longer for me to feel the full effects. I'm on week 13 and I am still having more bad days than I would like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.