hospital app tomorrow!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello, got an unexpected call today to go for an "upper GI endoscopy" tomorrow at the local hospital, so nervously awaiting that procedure and outcome! lets hope it gives some answers, or at least eliminates certain things, why am I such a big scaredy cat? miaowww cheesygrin

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

good luck David....it might cast some light on things and the procedure is not at all unpleasant.
  • Posted

Hi David, I do wish you the very best of luck and that the outsome is positive.  I think everyone is apprehensive when they are not quite sure what to expect.  I'm sure that everything will be done to reassure you and make you comfortable during the procedure.  Best wishes and good luck, Lizzy.
  • Posted

Hi David,

I have had one and it wasn't even uncomfortable! you will wonder what you were worried about. They sort of deaden things as they go.

• Posted

No problem, David. I have had two with sedation and nether was at all unpleasant. 
  • Posted

wowwww  this really illustrates the value of this forum      .  i too  have an endoscopy  booked  and i too   dave  have been wetting myself  with angst   .   miaowwwwwww.  who says that men are the stronger sex. haha     the girls seem to take it in their stride.  good luck with the appointment.    
    • Posted

hey reg that's me home after the endoscopy, went fine, I opted for the sedation in the end and it was so mild as to be almost unnoticable! just a brief moments discomfort with slight gagging but all in all went fine. they've taken 4 biopsies to test and mentioned Barretts oesophagus, well I've got news for them, it's not Barretts, it's mine! cheesygrin my goodness, bronchietasis and barretts within a week......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.