Hospital Appointment has come through

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have an appointment for tomorrow morning, Thursday, with a General Surgeon, following on from my CT scan which confirmed multiple gallstones. Really hoping I find a way forward. I am getting problems two or three times a week, with extreme bloating, and pain under my right ribs and round the back of my right shoulder blade.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you got on alright yesterday.

If they offer to take the gallbladder out just let them get on with it, you'll feel better afterwards.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

They are going to take my gallbladder out. Just have to wait six to nine months for the operation! It can't come soon enough. Been bloated and in pain since Thursday now. Fed up of how this affects me.

• Posted

Great news.

It may be worth trying to see a different doctor at your local surgery.

I did this and within 2 weeks of seeing her I was done and dusted.

I waited 4 months but was told there was a 9 month waiting list.

• Posted

So did you go back to your GP and did they get in touch with the hospital? When did you have yours removed? And are you better now?
    • Posted

Yes exactly Dr got in touch with the hospital.

This was 2 years ago.

I am better but have now ended up with a huge kidney stone which consultant will deal with at some point no date yet.

Maybe I just like stones!!!!!

Sarah

• Posted

Maybe I should do that then.

Poor you. Hope the kidney stone gets sorted soon x

• Posted

HI LIndy:

I wanted to give you some hope as I feel many of the posts online re:GB surgery are very negative. I had a 22mm stone (very large). My PCP and surgeon said I should get it removed ASAP because of it blocked one of my bile ducts, I could get peritonatis, go septic, and possible even die!  So, I had my GB removed via robotic laporoscopy 5 days ago by a highly qualified , well-reviewed surgeon who made only one incision through my navel and removed it from there! I don't even have any visible surgery scars!!

The first 2 days were uncomfortable ( pain never went about a 4/10 though) and  I was worried because I did not have a BM, but now all my digestive systems are completely back to normal.

I read sooooo many horror stories online about having the surgery, but oddly enough, everyone I spoke to F2F had good results with no long term residual negative effects.  I swore to myself that if my outcome was good, I would share it with others online to give them hope.

My best advice would be to research the surgeons (get 2 opinions),  patients, ratings and such. See how many surgeries they have perfomed and if you can get one who will use the robotic, one incision methed, take it from me...it was phenominal. Post surgery, get a lot of rest and drink LOTS of liquids and light, low fat, small, bland meals.

I wish you the same kind of recovery I am having smile God bless and best of luck!

• Posted

Thankyou so much for posting this. I really appreciate it! So pleased you have had such a positive experience. I will try to do some research. I have been offered laparoscopic, four incision, and haven't heard anything about robotic one incision. Really hoping I don't have to wait nine months as I was told. One stone i have is 25mm and I apparently have multiple gallstones. I have symptoms everyday and it's miserable. Looking forward to having it out! Hope your recovery continues to be positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.