Hospital have just phoned to tell me my admissions time

Posted , 7 users are following.

Going in April 7th for an abdominal  hysterectomy and have just been phoned to tell me to be there for 7.15am and that I am 5th on the list.I just want to get there and go straight it and get it over with.It now sounds like I may have to wait around for a while.They did say that the list could change on the day.

I now feel a nervous wreck.I still have to work tomorrow but at least it will keep my mind occupied for a while.

luv to you all

Teresa

xxx

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Good luck Teresa you will be fine please share your recovery experience all the best Hun will be thinking of you. X
  • Posted

Hi Teresa,

Good luck for the 7th I will be thinking of you. I also have to be there at 7.15am but dont know where i am on the list, i feel ok about it at the moment its strangr but im more anxious about catching a cold or somthing that could cause them to cancel it. I am off for 5 days now so have been doing a lot of batch cooking and stocking the freezer up. I willbe working next Tuesday and Wednesday morning and i know i will be pre occupied with the thoughts of going in. If I dont here from you before I go in on the 9th I will catch up when i am back home. Take care all will be well xx smile

• Posted

Hi Nicola

Talking of catching a cold i have had a sore throat since yesterday and have tried gargling brandy, bought some Vicks and gargled salt water as my op is tomorrow! i will be gutted if this turns into a cold tomorrow, of all the bloody weeks it has decided to hit me the day before my op. So frustrating. Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Best wishes for tomorrow, I hope it does not turn into a cold for you aswell, will look out for your update on your recovery x
    • Posted

I wish we were going to the same hospital.I am also anxious about catching something.We have lots of colds and a sickness bug going round at work.I will probably send a message hopefully on Mon with the last update.

All the best 

xxx

• Posted

Good luck,what bad timing.Don't gargle the brandy just drink it.I'm sure you will be fine.Will be thinking of you

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Good luck for Tuesday Teresa, my ops tomorrow and my stomach is in knots. That time will soon be here once Easter is over.

Hope it all goes well for you xx

• Posted

Good luck for Tuesday Teresa, my ops tomorrow and my stomach is in knots. That time will soon be here once Easter is over.

Hope it all goes well for you xx

• Posted

Try and relax.  Tomorrow will soon be here and you ll be fine.  Mine was five weeks ago and I feel great.  Good luck.   Claire x
  • Posted

will be thinking of you on tuesday morning think "today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and all is well" good luck
  • Posted

Hi Teresa 

Good luck for your op on the 7th.  I know what you mean it would be so much better to arrive and get straight on with it, still you never know you might get lucky and be first.  

Let us know how you get on.  

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.