Hot and cold sweat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, im new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help me with this query :?:

Ive started back on citalopram 1 week ago after about 8 months and experienced something awful that i dont know if it is a side effect as never experienced it before.

On Saturday(day 5) i was travelling home in a taxi wth my little boy when i suddenly had severe hot/cold sweats and felt very faint, i then experienced this cold, burning sensation from my chest right through my tummy that lasted a few minutes and then had to run to loo wth severe diarrohea about 3 times.

I then felt very shaky and dizzy for hours after and not felt myself for days :cry:

Im getting the sinus problems and runny nose as well as the heaviness and weak feeling in my body.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Hope someone can help and reassure me'

Thanx,

Lori

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Lori

It is difficult to say really.

It could very well be some bug you have picked up or indeed an effect of the tablets.

If it continues beyond another 24 hours I'd suggest a visit to your GP to get checked out.

Let us know how you get on.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi,

Thanks for replying smile

I ended up at hospital that night after calling nhs24 as i felt so bad!

They checked me over,including my heart and couldnt find anything wrong,so couldnt tell me if a bug or pos side effect,so im none the wiser :?

Do u know if anyone has experienced anything similar ?

Lori x

• Posted

Our leaflet on citalopram, see https://patient.info/showdoc/30003676/ lists [quote:cc31014167]Increased sweating, shakiness, difficulty focusing, difficulty sleeping, agitation, nervousness, constipation, loss of appetite, weight changes, being aware of your heart beating, 'pins and needles', difficulty concentrating, anxiety, confusion, runny nose, sexual difficulties, indigestion, stomach pain, feeling faint, and difficulties in passing water[/quote:cc31014167] as possible side-effects and suggests visiting your doctor if any become troublesome.

Patient Admin Team

• Posted

Hi there,

I am on day 13 of 20mg and also feeling exactly what you describe, with the hot and cold whooshes through my body, lots of other weird stuff. Hoping the good stuff will come soon. I too have taken citalopram before but dont remember so many side effects.

:?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.