HOT AND NEAUSEA

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was wondering if any one else has the same experiences as me I can be a sleep and then I just go really hot all over and have to throw the clothes of I have been on sertraline for 9 weeks and also first thing in a morning I feel neasea

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have just read your messge. While feeling hot and nausea is a very common side effect of this medication I would be inclined to have a word with your g.p. The side effects you mention are unpleasant, when I first started taking Sertraline I also had these side effects but they did wear off. Also are you feeling any better after 9 weeks of taking Sertraline and are these side effects the same ,worse or not as bad from first starting the medication. If the side effects are worse then I would see your g.p. I hope you feel better soon and this annoying side effect will wear off in time. All in all I would have a word with your g.p. Lucky
  • Posted

I Lucky I am feeling better than I was I dont get as hot as I did it is just that when it happens in the middle of the night it wakes you up the neausea is only usually in a morning and then it seems to wear of how are you feeling I have got an appointment with the doctor on Monday so I will see how I feel then. did you have a nervous tummy wsith your anxiety as you were okay for a few days then you had to run to the toilet
  • Posted

Hi there thank you for reading my reply. I so glad you are feeling better than you were. It sounds like your body is getting use to taking Sertraline but as I have already said in previous message it dose take time. To be honest with you I think It took almost 5/6 months to feel how I do now, thats not to say I had side effects for that long because I didn't. It took my body at least 4 months to settle down but it's well worth it. I'm feeling gr8 now and the more I seem to take the medication the better I am feeling. When you go back to see your g.p. do mention the side effects and see what he say's but it sound all positive to me. If you would like to talk to me again please do. Have a lovely day. LUCKY.
  • Posted

Hi Guest Mary - depending on your age the night sweats could be coincidental, ie cause by something else such as the menopause? Just a thought.
  • Posted

Hello there, yes I get very hot in the middle of the night and sweaty, my boyfriend mentioned it to me this morning. No nausea, I am on 50mg and have been on it for about 5 weeks and feel a lot better, I was randomly crying aout of nowhere and really dark and gloomy, mostly I am better, however I do get sleepy aswell but I take mine in the afternoon about 5 now and it is much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.