Hot flashes

Posted , 3 users are following.

been on citalopram for 26 days still getting hot flashes have had some reasonable days but quite a lot of bad days is this normal

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

After 5 weeks on 10mg increased Sunday to 20mg. I have really bad hot sweats on waking (when I do manage to sleep a bit!!) I also have a rash on my arms and back and some trembling in my arms/hands.  Doc just given me propanalol 10mg x 3 daily to help with anxiety. I now have to wait and see if the 20 improves matters.  This is not much fun. What dosage are you on? My name is Linda too!!
    • Posted

I’ve been on 20 mg have some trembling in arms Sleep bad some days don’t feel quite so bad recently.  But not good

i wonder if this willl ever work

• Posted

No - bit too early I guess. Feel really spaced today but only day 2 on 20mg. Doc said I would feel worse for a few days and to get back to her in a week if no improvement. Funnily enough yesterday - day 1 - I was hungry and fairly enthusiastic about life - today not good!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.