Hot flushes

Posted , 8 users are following.

hey everyone

does anyone get hot flushes? they arent hot flashes they are more like a warm feeling up the neck and into the face that leave you with rosy cheeks and can literally last all day. they tend to make my anxiety worse probably because im worrying about them.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Several years ago, I started getting hot flashes similar to what you describe. Got them often at work and would go to the bathroom and get water and spritz my face to cool me down. A few years ago, I would be sitting and just start to perspire from waist up to the top of my head. These days, I tend to get night sweats. It's been 1 year since my last period. They are getting better(fewer).

Hang in there. Are you taking anything for the symptoms?

• Posted

Kelly,

Yes, I have been getting these like this lately. The hot flashes change from time-to-time. Mine started out just in my chest and neck and face and would last for about a minute or less. Now, I get them just you do and it feels like it lasts all day. Just feel hot all over...all the time.

• Posted

I don't get them BUT this last summer I felt warmer than usual which was very irritating. For anyone who is interested or is having night sweats, there is a womens wellness vitamin on the home shopping network website that has a few hundred reviews on how their hot flashes were diminished.

• Posted

Yes I have them, they are as you describe but the heat is horrendous and I have them all day long.

I am a cold creature and need jumpers when my partner wanders around wearing shorts, now I'm wearing shorts and tshirt!

The one upside is our heating bill has gone down.

Please don't worry, they are normal and annoying! Do speak to your gp for help.

I'm trying to find a natural alternative to hrt so am currently reviewing different things.

• Posted

this lasted for years for me. not really any sweating, just a flushed face for hours at a time. nobody ever talks about this as a symptom of peri. i am now 47 and been doing this peri thing for at least 7 years and the flushes seem to have almost stopped, though I don't seem to be any closer to the end then I was. so much fun!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.