Hot flushes cured.....for the time being!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So....I got fed up with these darn hot flushes. I have been having them on and off for the last few years so I've been aware that I was perimenopausal. In the last six months they have been a nightmare to the point that I visited the doctor with the intention of getting a prescription for HRT. The pharmacy had run out of the one that the doc had prescribed so I was supposed to return. In the meantime, my magnet arrived in the post, which I had almost forgotten I had ordered. I decided to give it a go. That was over two months ago and I have not had one hot flush since I've been wearing it. Truly brilliant! My husband thinks its a load of twaddle but I dont care. All I know is that since I have been wearing it attached to my underwear, I have not had a hot flush. I have bought two more, one for my sister and one for a friend. They are going for it too. Already my sister says she is feeling the difference. If this post can help anyone suffering with horrendous flushes then it would be brilliant! Good luck!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie 

glad it works for you..

i had hot flushes in early peri for a little while then they went for years..

came back post menopause .. But gone again with Vit E and Chelated Magnesium for me.. No more now.. 

For me the hot flushes this year came back due to excessive spanish summer heat. And the hot flush is the way our bodies cool down during meno.. 

Its good to hear of other things 

good luck 

jay xxx

• Posted

Hi brilliant news it's fab if something works. I tried with the magnet but it did no work for me kept falling out if my knickers so I guess that did not help things !! The amount of stuff we all know we should write a blog girls. 
  • Posted

What magnet Marlene?? 💓😕xx
    • Posted

Hi trevis

I think melanie means the ladycare magnet ( boots) 

Attach it to your knickers 😳

Some say it works some say its a waste of time 

Jay xx

• Posted

About £28 from boots 

Product description

Ladycare magnet.

LadyCare is a small powerful, static magnetic device that simply attaches discreetly and comfortably to your underwear. LadyCare is a novel, safe, drug free product.

Take a look or google ladycare magnet reviews 

Jay xx

• Posted

Yep you are right. Its the Ladycare magnet. I wear it all the time and it has worked for me. I really did think it was a load of twaddle but then a medical person started explaining to me how magnetic resonance imaging works so why shouldnt a magnet help in some people some way ?? Long may it continue I say rather than popping pills!
  • Posted

I got mine online rather than at Boots, same price though but just more convenient for me as I live out in the sticks a bit.
  • Posted

Hi Melanie

I purchased one a couple of weeks ago not really for the flushes as i only had a few a  day i could manage them. I got it more to help with my sleep issues and moody problems and the more energy!

Unfortunatley it has not helped with any of the things i wanted it to BUT i have not had any flushes since i started wearing it. I am going to continure wearing it for now and see if it does helop with any of the other issues.

Take Care

Mrs D xx

• Posted

Good luck Mrs D. I actually discovered the magnet when I was sitting in the hairdressers reading one of those awful magazines which I never buy but love to read when having my hair done!! There was a 6 page pullout on menopause and as I was reading it I had the most horrendous hot flush which made me feel totally claustrophobic and panickly. Thats when I thought....what have I got to lose. I came home and rang the company to find out a little more about it. The guy on the phone said it would take a few weeks of wearing constantly to start seeing the effects but my hot flushes went within three days. Stick with it and hopefully things will calm down for you. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.