Hot itchy skin super uncomfortable have to take clothes off.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

Every now and then I get this seemingly random hot prickly itchy feeling all over my skin. Parts of my skin appear to turn red and it's awful. Currently I'm at a university lecture and had to disappear to the bathroom so I could take my clothes off and attempt to stop it. I have no idea what causes it. It can also be triggered if I'm doing some exercise.

Here's a picture of what my skin looks like when it's happening.

https://imgur.com/a/4vs3T

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry,

It could be an allergy of some kind. Most probably the clothes you're wearing. Try a test; Try wearing underwear and outwear made of 100% cotton and see what happens.

• Posted

Hello Harry, I agree with the allergy suggestion, to which I would add, have you changed the product you use to wash your clothes?

Years ago, I had a problem with additives in washing powders etc..  I eventually had patch testing, which showed what chemicals I am allergic to.

I use Ariel & Fairy fabric conditioner.  I know that Persil is recommended for people with eczema.  It might be worth buying a very small bottle of Persil or Ariel & try washing your clothes in one of those for a month & see if your skin improves.  It is a case of trial & error.

Your GP might be able to help by giving you a more potent cortisone cream than you can buy OTC, that will take away the itching.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.