Hot sweats through the night

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone I have had fibro for over 20 years and over the last 5 years I have become very intolerant to spicy foods mushrooms and dairy I find certain foods are a trigger to my fibromyalgia has anyone else experienced this ? I have been awake since 3am I woke up all hot and sweaty with pains in my back and hip and couldn't go back to sleep I took 2 paracetamol which helped with my temperature and 2 codeine for the pain I had lasagne and garlic bread yesterday for dinner

Shirl 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I started getting the sweats very bad, even before bed, since been to my doctor I found out I am on the menopause. Great even more things to deal with, anyway onwards and upwards
  • Posted

Ive had fibro for 30 odd years now, i still get sweats in bed and

just before.,....it doesnt and hasnt made sense to me..ive just put it down to fibro yet again..i 'm way past menapause too. as far as

your food issue goes I eat Paleo style...google it, its amazing..not a diet an eating lifestyle... there is also AIP- Autoimmune

Proticol too, be blessed. Have a lovely day shirl..😘😘

• Posted

Hi Christine

its been a while, I was just thinking of you the other day, how are you?

• Posted

Thanks Christine I will look into that hope your well as can be expected

take care 

Shirl 😊

• Posted

I am really really well thanks,, great sleeping great too..id say I was in a remission at the moment for a while..happens a few times a year..yay... apart from getting exhausted at times..i am on the Sorgrens, Amityptilyne, and knee blogs too I have a couple of friends on here now and we private message everyday too,,,,how are you going, hhope fibro is being giid for you,i cant upload photos

anymore since i changed to a samsung tablet from an ipad, grr

My fingers get sooo sore too from typing too much thanks to

arthritis. i have just had a builder convert a spare toilet into a

wetroom just for me, feeling sooooo blessed at the moment,

hope fibro is being good to you, lovely chatting, be blessed Boger ,,have a lovely day.😘😘😘😍😍😍

• Posted

Thanks Christine,

Its good to hear from you and I'm glad you are in remission, I guess it's summer there, a bit of warmth and sunshine helps a lot I find. It's winter here still and even though it's not been severe I'm really hoping Spring will show up soon, it's been a rough winter for me.

take care

hugs

• Posted

Yes, Borger, it is summer, here. Hot hot hot..it is good for fibro it seems...but i gotta say I hate it when its humid...i usually stay inside in the airconditioning..lol..its 27 degrees today with very low humidity so thats good..however, it was forecast to be 24 degrees, which i love...im outsude more too..so i guess fresh air certainly must be helping too...im reading outside under the oergola...lovely breeze...one of the ladies that i chat to my private message saud its been very cold abd fristy there...mm...we are in Tasmania abd ut di4s get fristy a d very cold even snow,.so i know how the cold hurts fibro, it feels shocking and most of us do have more than one medical issue that all seem worse in the colder months...it can be really miserable...have a lovely day boger and be blessed..😘😘😘 just think it can only get warmer for you...but colder for me...grr..
  • Posted

Hi Shirl

I've had fibro for a while, and recently was advised to go gluten free. I thought about it a few years ago, but recently my problems have been just getting worse, so I decided to take the advice. It's not as bad as I thought as there is usually a selection of bread, biscuits and cakes, even gluten free pasta and pizza bases at most supermarkets, and you can easily get gluten free flour for home baking. I say this because of what you said you ate last night....pasta and bread. It might be worth a try for a while. I definitely feel a bit better and sleep slightly better, but I've had a bug recently so I've gone two steps back again 🙄 I don't eat mushrooms either, been allergic for years. It's just a case of adjusting your diet to suit your body and if you notice something doesn't agree with you try and keep off it for a while.

hope this helps

hugs

• Posted

Hi Boquer, thanks for the advice I also have colitis and I had thought about trying gluten free before but kept putting it off, but now my partner has also health problems and has become intolerant to certain foods we eat as much fresh food as we can with a varied diet with small portions but it is about finding a balance to suit so maybe it's time to try it, 

take care, hugs

Shirl

• Posted

Yes, it might be easier than you think, that's what I found ☺️
  • Posted

That's interesting. I never associated it with fibro but I guess that would make sense. I initially just thought it was a symptom of aging and working too hard.

I have had fibro for about 10 years.

I have always disliked spicy foods but have been increasingly more intolerant with each passing year.

For the past 3 years I have been considering off and on that I may be becoming lactose intolerant which I don't fully understand but I am typically good with a glass of 2% milk but get extremely upset stomach aches whenever I have a milk shake or another dairy based treat.

I had also figured that a situation a few years back where advil tore up my stomach pretty bad had just resulted in an overall sensitive stomach. I have a hard time with medicine ever since (I didn't take too much at a time, I was just taking it for too long, about 3 weeks) where I will either get an upset stomach and get sick or my kidneys will hurt for 2 days.

• Posted

Hi Manda,I used to suffer a lot with stomache upsets especially with dairy foods creams chocolate are the worst for me although a friend had diverticulitis and suffered badly with food intolerance and suggested I try a probiotic drink (actimel) once a day 5 years ago so I tried it and found it settled my stomache and improved my energy levels I haven't had any for the last week as I forgot to get some and i have had upset stomache I take anti imflammatories for colitis to keep it under control ibs is very common there are thousands of people have it have you been tested as that's what I had to start off with for seven years I hope you feel better soon.

take care and gentle hugs

shirl

• Posted

Aw, you're sweet. No, I have not been tested as to be honest, this has been the least of my concerns and pains but this specific thread has made me wonder.
  • Posted

Hi Shirl

I have had sweats through the day and night for many years.  I am 45 yrs and not gone through menopause at the moment.  I have been checked for menopause and have been told I have years to before I have it.  Anyway one of my sister inlaws mentioned to me about Ladycare Magnet and I have been wearing it since July 2015.  It can take three months to see the effects of this magnet but I can honestly say my hot sweats during the day and night have reduced dramatically.  You can purchase this from Boots.

Hope you find the anwswers you require from this wonderful forum of such lovely people who share their experiences with all.

Take care and hope you get relief soon. wink xx

• Posted

Hi Bee, I am 58 yrs and I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago and have been on hrt since then I have gone through the menopause and the sister in the treatment room at my doctors is 69 and she told me the menopause can come and go for years as she still has bouts of it the difference is when it's something I have eaten that hasn't agreed with me it lasts 24/48 hrs with the menopause it lasts weeks

take care

Shirl 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.