Housing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from severe COPD shortly I'm going to be made homeless through no fault of my own

I have a appointment with my local council soon who have indicated that they will rehome me.

Can they put me in a hostel with my condition ? I am 55 and my partner is 66 years old

Thanks for any information I'm at my wits end 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Morning patricia05005. I'm sure they can't do that they would be Heartless & no Consience if they was too Your in a bad way & need Looking after! Please if you can go to your Doctor & let them know & citizens advise, a advocate & a Welfare advisor if your able too, if someone can for you friends of family if possible & please let us know! What area are you living in! I can look up Welfare advisors & advocates in your area for you online if I know what area your in & send you the information for you! You need Help ASAP I'm sorry that your facing this horrid Shock,I hope the housing that your with can help you, a Bungalow or specially adapted house would be a wise choice if they can, hopefully they will, Don't give up Hope & please, please keep in touch on here we are all here to Jrlp one another, I'm thinking off you I have copd but am only in the moderate stage as far as I know so far but I don't like hearing people Suffering! Take it easy & be kind to yourself ! 💚

• Posted

Karen thank you so much, We are in Hurstbourne Tarrant staying with friends on their drive in a small motorhome. I came back from Bulgaria for treatment and I've been advised not to go back as the language barrier and healthcare is not available fir me and my condition. We have now got to move off of their drive as we've outstayed our welcome and have nowhere to go. 

My local council is Test valley and I'm near Andover in Hampshire, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Patricia if you put into goofle or other search engine, homeless test valley, or homeless Andover, you will find several useful links that you may wish to follow up.

The council can be a rule unto themselves, and you may find the council you are dealing with will rehouse you properly, but I would be sure to contact the other help organisations as well because not all council's would see you as a priority case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.