How am I meant to cope?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's all gone downhill, through no fault of my own. I have been really I'll and was nearly hospitalised twice i think. Question us can continuous I'll health make you depressed? I don't normally say I'll jump but said I would yesterday. Does this warrant psychiatric help? Will I be sectioned, as this is unusual behaviour. Can anyone tell me the process. My doctors keep offering antidepressants but I keep saying no, do I have to agree? Genuinely scared!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sam

We are now in the summer and we look out over towards the hills, the sky is a vivid reddish purple and I then feel life is never that bad.

I have three Chronic Conditions and I am always in Pain, it is difficult to control in the winter months and now with the warmth that helps me control my pain

What were you in hospital for ?.

To be Sectioned you need to be at risk to yourself or others. Try talking to NHS Information on Tel 111, they can arrange a visit by the Crisis Team, they will try and help you and keep you safe.

Have you talked to your GP regards your negative thoughts ?.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Sam, please let your doctor help you. When given the right medicine, you will begin to feel better. And make an appointment to talk with a professional. This helps also.

God bless and take care.

• Posted

In answer to your question yes physical ill health can deepen depression as I find myself getting older and my health isn't a good as it was.  

As far as I'm aware you aren't sectioned unless you say you have a plan and the means to carry it out.  Why are you refusing help?  Don't you want to feel better?  Why are you refusing ad's?  Are you having any counselling?

If you don't want medical help then there is only the self help one available so google mindfulness,  yoga,  meditation etc. and see if you can get yourself better.  x

• Posted

Hello

Yes age is a problem, things seem to drop off in your late sixties, the problem is sticking them on again.

This year for me has so far been a bit of a problem, I developed a further two illnesses and I am frightened to get them sorted. 

Mental health does cause quite deep Depressions, you live with them A human can generally begin to tolerate some conditions over an extended period, some people wear a disability like a badge of tolerance eventually.  no matter what happens given time further problems start to cause more conditions  due to age and we need to up our game and grin and bear it. 

Sad to say I am slow to begin with, Now given that and other problems make life a little more tentative, so we need to move on and make our life easier.

Yes the depression is still around it is just, we all need to grab what life has to offer and move on, because we are supposed to not pass this way again and to be honest I still have a great deal to do in this lifetime.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Hypercat, I don't normally ever say anything like that! This was x cry for help because I'd been so sick. I may have said that but haven't got any plan written. I was really frightened how I felt yesterday, genuinely scared. I am only say no to antidepressants because my history is put me on them then ignore me and I wean myself off them alone. I vowed never again! I am having counselling and do yoga. Isn't proof enough that I am doing enough to keep on top of things?

• Posted

Well the point of ad's is that they can make you feel better for the time being thus more able to deal with counselling.  Counselling isn't a quick option so it can take quite a while for it to start helping much. 

If you are feeling bad at the moment then there is no other medical help available other than pills and counselling which is why I suggested the self help route. Mindfulness is supposed to be very good for mental health but it's up to you whether you want to give it a go or not. 

Sometimes ad's are the only way forward for you but it doesn't mean you will have to be on them for life or anything.  The golden rule is stay on them for a minimum of 6 months after you feel better otherwise all your symptoms can return. x

• Posted

There's the statement -, you'll be put on antidepressants for 6 months! I don't want that that's what I got told first time round. I was on them for years! I said no and I'll say it again, NO antidepressants! I've been physically I'll, when you're I'll like that you may discover that's why you're mental health is dragged down. I think once I know what's going on with my physical health mentally I may recover!

• Posted

There's the statement -, you'll be put on antidepressants for 6 months! I don't want that that's what I got told first time round. I was on them for years! I said no and I'll say it again, NO antidepressants! I've been physically I'll, when you're I'll like that you may discover that's why you're mental health is dragged down. I think once I know what's going on with my physical health mentally I may recover!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.