How can I feel better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered with anxiety and panic disorder for the past 10 years but I lost my great nanny 4 months ago and haven't felt the same since. I can't seem to snap out of it. It's not the same feeling as the usual anxiety symptoms. I have no energy, fatigued, ache, lightheaded, headache etc I haven't established whether the anxiety is causing me to feel depressed or if the depression is causing the anxiety, or a combination of both. I am on venlafaxine but reluctant to increase the dosage as then I'd be on maximum amount. I have an appointment for CBT next week but also wondering if it'll work? It frightens me that I feel like I'm going to be stuck like this forever... Does anyone have any effective tips to relieve the depression?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

depression lifts when the mind has sorted out its complex problems and dramas.  This can take a short or longer time. It just depends on the individual.  To relieve depression try running; endorphines are good against mental health problems.
  • Posted

Hello, all of your symptoms match mine. I suffer from both anxiety and depression, My doctor put me on beta blockers to control the anxiety but this just made my depression worse because i was thinking more, and now she has put me onto anti-depressants called fluxotene, which havnt kicked in yet. I feel like its never going to go away? I cant sleep, i cant function properly. All i can suggest that helps me is excercise. i go for long hour/2hour long walks every night and clears my mind until i sleep. Just keep moving. never just sit around and watch tv/do nothing because you will feel worse. go out, meet friends, even do something around the house!
  • Posted

Hello, all of your symptoms match mine. I suffer from both anxiety and depression, My doctor put me on beta blockers to control the anxiety but this just made my depression worse because i was thinking more, and now she has put me onto anti-depressants called fluxotene, which havnt kicked in yet. I feel like its never going to go away? I cant sleep, i cant function properly. All i can suggest that helps me is excercise. i go for long hour/2hour long walks every night and clears my mind until i sleep. Just keep moving. never just sit around and watch tv/do nothing because you will feel worse. go out, meet friends, even do something around the house!
  • Posted

First of all, you have to try to think about the useful, beautiful things you have done in your life. And believe me, they exist! Even little things..When I am depressed and I cannot find out how I will be able to handle my life and manage a lot of difficult things, well, I just make a list in my mind, a list of all the latest self-improvement done things, for example..today I've eaten vegetables, that is good for my health, I've driven the car, so I have self control. You find little things that you've done and then you realise that you do have advantages. It's important to sleep enough, at least 8 hours per night, in my opinion. Also, find a hobby. I am sure that there is a hobby that makes you relaxed and proud of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.