How can I go out for a meal

Posted , 5 users are following.

How can you go out for a meal on the tablets. My children like Macdonalds and also we used to go for a Pub meal. Any suggestions.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

where possible i would suggest sticking to the healthier options on the menu where its not possible i tend to skip the tablet but its something you have to not make a habbit of
  • Posted

As Sparkles said not something you should get into the habit of but missing that meals tablet would be the only option.

Personally I think missing a tablet for McD's is not on, if you want to lose the weight then you really do need to stick to the diet. Take the kids and let them have something but you yourself have something when you get home. The very occasional pub lunch would be ok but as stated try and do the least fatty option.

• Posted

yeh like suza has pointed out maccy Ds is not a place you should be eating at, dont get me wrong i miss the big mac, i miss kfc's crispy strips and i miss pizza hut but if you are serious about loosing weight then it has to go, let the kids enjoy it but you need to eat elsewhere and stick to the tablets.
  • Posted

No idea how you get round a MacDonalds but pub lunches should be ok. I went out 3 times last week AND managed to eat perfectly even though I wasnt in control of cooking. Most places will hold the mayo....etc... or swap chips for Jacket Potato (no butter)....
  • Posted

If your taking the kids to mcd`s why not try and eat something before you go then just have a coffee or something, or even take something for yourself from home!!! you should be able to get a healthy option in a pub though! good luck
  • Posted

This might be a bit late for this thread but I have discovered that McD's now have a 'Chicken Salad' which is less than 5% fat.....it is basically a toasted long roll with chicken, cucumber, tomato and lettuce and some mayo (has to be reduced fat stuff I reckon)...I have this and coffee when we go shopping at a mall far away from home - a lot less fat than eating a lunch I don't know the fat content of at all...and I've had no reaction to it...it's not all that filling really but gets me through the shopping until I get home to better food.

For all you 'oldies' to the list...hmmmm...I'm battling with that 5 lb put on from 1 November still....I'm getting there...slowly mind you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.