How DARE they!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone else had an email via 'patient' from gaviscon? How come they can advertise and we can't recommend a product that works for us? Flippin' cheek!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had one, thought it was a bit weird! It went straight in the trash! I've been moderated many times for mentioning product names

• Posted

Yes I have too--- moderated many times for mentioning product names..  
  • Posted

because the site needs advertisers in order to keep running.  We are just using the sites services for free, someone has to pay for it to keep it running, so that we have this wonderful forum to come to.  I would have been lost without it! biggrin

• Posted

Advertising ON the site itself is one thing, but to use the site to email an ad. is something else indeed.
    • Posted

yep, I agree. but once you have to give an email address, it happens neutral

• Posted

Hi all,

There was an update to the T&Cs for which all existing users were notified and all new users agree to when they register for the forums.

Part of the T&Cs state:

"Our Privacy Policy (http://www.patient.info/privacy-policy), which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate."

There is a section in the Privacy policy under "Send you carefully selected offers from our partners" which states:

"We may email you from time to time with carefully selected messages from partners who have offers that may be of interest to you. These messages may be targeted based on demographic or interest data which you have provided or which We have collected to make sure the offer is as relevant to you as possible. Please note that any partner messages which you receive will be sent by us (or on our behalf). We will not provide your details to any third party for their own marketing purposes and We will never sell your details to anyone else for them to be included in any marketing lists or databases. You can choose to unsubscribe from these types of email by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link from the email We send to you, or by changing your preferences in the 'My Account' section of the Website. We will not contact you for any marketing purposes by phone or by post."

The T&Cs also state "no advertising" which repeated posting of brands is. The emails in question have been paid for to help fund the website to keep it free for users.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thanks for that info. I understand you need the money raised by adverts to provide us with this site free of charge. But I draw the line at emailing me with ad's.

I am one of those people who find adverts intensely irritating and the more something is advertised the less likely I am to buy the product.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.