How do I deal with neck and shoulder pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I might have pulled a muscle in my neck and shoulder around two weeks ago. I was putting on deodorant when I felt and heard a pop in my neck, at first the pain was immense, my vision blacked out and I overheated quickly with a sense of nausea. I had to lay down for the symptoms to go away, but I found myself not being able to sit up due to the pain in my neck and shoulder - I was stuck on the couch for five hours before I finally gathered enough courage to pull myself up.

The pain lingered and my shoulder was swollen. There was no bruising or numbness, so I didn't think it was necessary to see a doctor. The swelling went down the next day and the pain in my shoulder went away maybe the day after. The pain in my neck never truly went away.

When I would wake up, I wouldn't be able to feel anything. It wasn't until a few hours into my day when my neck would start to ache. Two weeks later, it's still the same. I'm not able to move my head a lot, it hurts to look to the side and upwards. It also hurts when I swallow food, it feels like the knob at the back of my neck is being disconnected almost.

My point is, I'm not sure what to do? My neck hurts, but it doesn't hurt to an extreme level and there's still no bruising or numbness or anything like that. My shoulder has also started acting up again. I don't know if I should go see some kind of doctor or if maybe the pain will cease with time. All I know is that I'm constantly uncomfortable and I don't want to feel this ache anymore.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.