how do i explain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all found this site today after a google search, i am on day 33 of taking flux, doc says i am suffering from depression, stress ,anxiety,panic attacks etc., was off work for six weeks, i went back to work last week on reduced hours and a much reduced work load.

Thank god i found this site, i have been reading through the posts and found a lot of answers to my doubts and fears about taking flux, been having more bad days than good latley, i am just about coping with things at the moment but one thing i am very worried about is how do i explain all this to my wife , kids and freinds when i dont understand it myself.

I used to consider myslef a strong character, so how could this thing that has taken over my life have crept up on me, if you guys don't mind i would like to stay in touch as it helps to know that other people are going through similar things.

Thanks for listening

Muzleflash (aka Rob)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I know how you feel about finding this site, it is very helpful but suffering from Anxiety, reading this daily can sometimes bring you down. You need to be careful you dont scare yourself with some posts.

I was also a strong character and my anxiety came from no where, Fluozetine lead me to a breakdown, scared me badly after a week, so if you have been on it longer than that then you are doing well, and from what I hear you will feel alot better once you get through the side effects (maybe you have already).

I am on Sertraline, and I feel somewhat better, at times I have to fight through some anxious moments but I am finding it easier. My doctor said I can stay on this all my life if I want, thats reassuring lol I might just do that.

I am having therapy also, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Supposed to help along side medication. I worked out at my first session something, it just came out 'its like I have lost trust of my own mind' the therapist thought it was a good way of analysing ow I felt, and since then when I feel anxious about something, I say to myself 'its just me, I lost trust' and I tell myself to trust myself. Is this how anxiety makes you feel?

I have an understanding husband, who says he loves me whatever. And I beleive him, and I dont know where I would be if he couldnt handle the change in me, we only been together 2 years, love is a powerful thing, and if your relationship is strong enough then she should want to help you through, and not by changing her ways or treating you differently but by just reassuring you when you are feeling a little low. Letting you know she is there, telling you you arent going crazy and one day you will look back together and say' remember that time when you thought you were going crazy?'

You will get through this, and its only a temporary blip, you nerves are sensitized at the moment, these pills will act as a crutch at the moment, seek out some therapy too. Stay positive as much as possible. It looks like anxiety seeks out the best of us. Just let it be for now.

Good Luck Rob, stay strong.

• Posted

Hi Rob

Welcome to the site. You probably still are strong - its just that things will have to be put on hold until you get better.

Best wishes and let us know how you are getting on.

MP

• Posted

hiya peeps :cheerup:

let's get this right, this illness has nothing to do with being 'strong' or 'weak' if you have a broken leg does that make one 'weak' ?? hmmmmmmmm, i thought not :huh:

stop beating ya selves up and concentrate on getting well again :ok: be selfish and look after number 1, trust me, i know these things :wink:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :run: :peace: :rainbow:

• Posted

Hi all, thanks for the responses and advice, feeling really down today :cry: , the nausea came back with a vengence just as i arrived at work dunno if its the flux or just the old worries about work creeping back.

On a good note i had a good day on Saturday, the wife managed to drag me out for a walk down the high street, havent been out much except for work, had a couple of episodes while i was out food shopping the other week which scared the hell out of me.

One question about the side effects of flu, does any one else get a numb feeling in their legs?, mine keep going numb from the knees down

Regards

Rob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.