How do i stop thinking the worst?

Posted , 6 users are following.

How do i stop thinking that every letter that comes through the door is bad news or every phone call is bad news. I cant sleep as im always worried and wake up tired and stressed every morning. I feel like im being treated differently by my friends ever since they found out how bad my depression is. I feel like im slowy becoming more and more anti social each day and eventually going to cut my self off from the world. I tried to end it all a while ago and couldnt go through with it so how am i supposed live

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Go to see your dr and tell them how you feel. You need anti depressants to help you see things in perspective. Good luck.
  • Posted

There are some web sites that only give you the good news
  • Posted

Hello kerry52519.

Yeah, I cartainly relate to the mindset you've described. I certainly do. I don't have the answer or a specific cure for you [it's all a matter if trial and error really] except if you think it's an important knock or call just answer it. You'll feel better for having done so in that respect. There were times when I didn't answer the door for feeling quite paranoid actually, and then later would really give myself a hard time for not even being able to answer the door. So I decided, just answer it and avert the mental anguish. Which I do [nine times out of ten].

Anyway, I hope you overcome and find your personal answers for these horrible depressions. My heart goes out to you. All the best.

• Posted

So sorry for your pain. Don't give up because it will get better. When did this start? What triggered it? Breathe deep, relax, tell you self you will be okay. You may need temporary meds to balance your brain. Read inspirational material, pray, talk to a trusted oerson, listen to music. Hugs and prayers.

• Posted

Im exactly the same kerry always thing the worst its part of anxiety and depression I am starting very slowly to change my thoughts with the help of my CBT councillor shes got a tough time with me as i have had this most of my life im 53 it makes you so miserable doesnt it but i try every time now i think negatively to quickly change it around to positive. i believe we do this because when things are positive we tell our selves we got through it apparently its a coping mechanism because when we worry its like a protection in case of anything bad and we are prepared for it sorry if this doesnt make sense but this is how it was explained to me  
  • Posted

Thank you guys.

Im on sertraline 50g and beta blockers. Prior to that ive been on other medication. Im 30 and Ive been suffering half my life. I just find me self letting the smallest things get to me and feel like im moving back rather than forward. Silly things like having a group friend convorsation on whats app and me writing a comment about hoping they have a nice time out as ive got a cold and cant come and it getting completely ignored yet the the other girl who cant make got messages back about how she will be missed. How is that supposed ro make me feel.

• Posted

Everybody hates rejection and I think sometimes people don't mean to leave you out, but do. Because we are overly sensitive we make a bigger deal of it. So sorry, but try to realize you can't change people and purpose to be more sensitive to others as you know how it feels. Also, try to find people who are more responsive to be close to. Remember you are still loveable. Hugs.

• Posted

Hi sorry for the late reply. I hope you are feeling better. Definitely go to the doctor get some medication. We all know how you feel and you are not alone. Try and hang in there.  Your feelings are just feelings (about the worst happening)  rationalize the feelings and see they are not reality.  From experience I found that talking to friends a lot about my depression didn't work, come here instead of therapy if you can afford it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.