How do panic attacks begin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone else has the feeling that they really need the loo sorry to be graphic but as in diarrhoea sometimes and this in turn starts the shaking feelings the tight throat and also the tight chest and racing heart/ flutters and general symptoms of panic. Just wondering if panic attacks begin with a nervous tummy feeling.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi ive had the diarrhoea every single day since my anxiety began in february ,its just become normal for me and 2 doctors have tried to reassure me that its caused my anxiety and the nervous system,i wake up every day with the panic/flutters and other stuff you mention until i take my meds and start to relax,even when my meds take effect and i feel calm the diarrheoea can last for a full morning,i do get concerned at the amount of weight this makes me lose too xx
    • Posted

Can i ask what medication you take? Im trying to not take anything and see what happens they suggested a very small dose of propanol for me (sorry if ive spelt that wrong.)
    • Posted

Certainly,i take propranolol 80mg twice a day and find this really helps in a morning to help me calm down and stop the shakey/jittery feeling so id highly recomened giving that a try,i also take prozac 20mg xx
  • Posted

It's a very individual thing, they start differently for everyone, but yes they can start like that

• Posted

Mine start out by my hands and feet get very sweaty then I feel nervous and the feeling of needing to go to the bathroom also but then I get hot all over tingling in my head chest tightness and heavy feeling in chest heart racing very fast I get dizzy and my vision gets a little blurry as well. I try to relax by breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth slowly to slow my heart down. Walking helps me but I tend to just walk around the house. Mine pass usually about 5 or 10 min I've had them last longer though about 20 min.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.