How do you all deal with what I call the "pile on effect?"

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all!

May I ask? How do you all, deal with what I call the pile on effect? What you ask is the pile on effect? The Pile on effect is what I call the mounting feeling that every little thing is huge and getting bigger by the second? In addition when something gets solved, it doesnt seem to reduce the load..... 

Anyone else exerince this and who do you deal with it?

Black1492

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Daily and I don't deal with it well.  Waiting for your responses.

• Posted

I,m going through thus right now at this moment ...awful..i have no method I just go with it ...hard as hell ...but a bad day today so I go along with ......usually can cure it I go for a walk with my dog but everything is way out of control today ....i say its a mood and it,ll pass so here we go again .....
  • Posted

There are always new problems and old problems waiting to be solved. Sometimes if you neglect a small problem long enough it becomes a bigger problem.
  • Posted

The "pile on" effect is actually called a sensory processing disorder. It. Would be handled by catching the anxiety disorder in its early stages and self calming. Once it goes full blown it is hard to calm it down. If it gets way out of hand i take a xanax. Most of the time i am familiar with with the beginings and have managed to figure how to regulate it. Mindful breathing is always my very first go to tool. 

• Posted

Lol i looked it up. No its different you dont escalate your breathing at all. Its calming deep belly breathing whikst removing any thiughts but the breathe yiu are taking and aime include feeling or hearing your surroundings. 
    • Posted

Sorry abt the typos im outside hard to see keyboard
  • Posted

If you are feeling a panic attack coming on, just let it happen and don't fight it. Fighting it just makes it worse for you because instead of realizing what's going on with your body and letting it happen - knowing also that after it ends, you'll be okay - you doubt and worry and that just makes it worse! A panic attack shouldn't last too long so it should be over soon enough. Keep reminding yourself of this and that "pile on" effect should be diminished.

• Posted

My Anxiety never proceeds to an actual panic attack it's just miserable worry and butterflies. Felling "Anxious" I hate living like this!

Black1492

• Posted

you suffer from stress so to destress do things in little bitesized chunks and don't think about the next bit until you have done the one before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.