How do you cope

Posted , 4 users are following.

when your anxiety is bad what do you do? What symptoms do you have?

Mines worse in in a morning the second I wake up its all I think about. I feel sick, shakes, dizzy, no energy, can't talk, can't move. Achy, tense. 

Just wondering about other people's experience and how you tackle it. 

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Morning luv, 

I bad in morning I lay in bed n think I wonder wot day it's going 2b 2day :-( I can feel it all inside my body it's awful, I lay in bed think is it 2day wen things going to happen :-( I scared to death of dying, everything goes through my head, 

I just try n ignore it I try get on with normal things even though the feelings stay with me :-( don't no how to get them gone but just try to do things u usually do x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello! Im very sorry to know that you're feeling like this, but all I can say is please be calm. I know, easier said than done but trust me when I say, stay calm, you must, because it will only exacerbate your symptoms if you do not. I've suffered from anxiety for over 10 years now and I'm on NO medication. I only took medication when I was first diagnosed and that's because I was willing to take anything that will help me feel better. Well, to be honest, none of the meds given to me help. I don't know, maybe I didn't give it time to work but I know that the side effects were horrible. I was always in a zone! I still do get my attacks but they do not last long. They last about 15 to 20 minutes. My symptoms are, heart palpitations, shortness of breath and hot flashes. They're horrible! But I remain calm during my attacks. When you're going through this, you have to keep in your mind that it's going pass and you'll be fine. Thinking about it all day long is going to make you worse and depressed. Try to focus on something else when you feel it coming on. Again, I know it's not easy, but if you train your mind to do that, it will help as time go on. Hope this message finds you better. smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello!!!!! My anxiety is usually the worst at night, but I can totally try to give you some things I do to that I've learned with time. 

- Listening to music. Helps distract my mind and block out my thoughts. Which is like 100% reasons for your anxiety; Your own mind is your enemy.

- I pray. It calms and reassures me that I am not in control and guess what? That's okay.

- The TV helps distract the mind as well.

- Get up. Get moving. Don't sit there allowing yourself to feel sick. You have got to push through. & I can say this because I have been here... some days I still go back to these attacks. Sucks. 

- Take a shower.

- Texting someone I trust who is a positive energy. Allowing them to know Im having a rough moment and with their love and patience they help slap me out of it.

Find your triggers. What triggers you to cause these feeling. Write it in a jounal (I did) & once I figured out all my triggers... I removed them. Whether they were school situations, work situations, certain PEOPLE, any situation.. etc etc. You sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

My symptoms are dizzy, I get all clammy / nervous, I literally start shaking!, I feel so sick and instantly nauseaous, running to the restroom cause my tummy, I can't eat or anything. I don't wish this on no one.

I hope you feel better. Just know in those times of darkness, it doesn't last forever. You've been here before, you got through it and continued. & you will again! You. Can. Do. This. You are strong. Stronger than you'll ever know. <3>

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

Anxiety is a horrible thing to have to cope with. I suffered badly earlier this year. I could not sleep, I could not concentrate, I just wanted my brain to switch off! I found notes helpful, instructions on them like get up have

shower you will feel better or relax now and go for walk for 5 minutes. It sounds stupid now but at the time I just could not function. I do take meds, antidepressant and hrt. I don't lime how they make me feel but I'm scared of it all happening again.

Take care xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up