How Do You Feel Today?

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

i thoughts I'd start this new thread based on what I've learnt so far from one to one and group therapy. It's important that at least once a day you ask yourself or better still someone else asks you how you feel today. 

So im asking you all and please answer everyday if you can

"How do you feel today"

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

very frightened upset confused completely had enough
    • Posted

Hi carol

How far are you on the journey? It's so difficult when you experience the emotions you are currently having.

are you getting the sporadic good day?

God bless -♥

• Posted

Actually very good, I feel challenged by a few tasks I need to do but not down. Pleased I have decide to join a Mindfulness group which starts next Monday.
  • Posted

I feel good, thank you, Si. Tonight I drop my first dose of mirtazapine and will now take 1.875mg(approx) on alternate days for a week before quitting. I did have an anxiety attack yesterday evening at the thought of having to drive 3 hours on the A14 and A1 in the dark. But took my herbal sleeping pills early, plus a glass of wine and calmed down.

How about you? How are yoou doing, Si?

• Posted

You have done so well with your taper! others will definitely benefit from your experiences. I have and do!

♥♥♥

• Posted

Thanks, Lorraine. I do hope I have been helpful to others. The main reason I have kept posting my progress is to give others hope and information. I knoow everyone is different and some undoubtedly have it much harder thank others. But I was petrified of trying to come off the mirt after my first failed attempt three years ago when my doctor told me just to stop the mirt and start trazadone. I decided instead to cut my dose and taper. But is was a very fast taper and by day ten I was an absolute wreck so was forced to drop the trazadone and reinstate the mirt. Then reading all the horror stories on here and on other forums, I was convinced I was tied to mirtazapine forever. This wasn't bad because it really worked well for me. But when it stopped working, I knew I had to bite the bullet and come off it.

The horror stories on here terrified me and I expected the worst. But they were also a benefit to me because I knew I had to taper and I started off really slowly. I speeded up only when I realised I was not experiencing bad withdrawals. I still have the last hurdle to go though, but I hope my story of relatively painless withdrawal from mirt, can stand as a balance to all the horror stories.

You are sounding much brighter these past two days. I hope that the worst is over for you x

• Posted

Day 9 today evergreen ♥

I feel up and to be honest. Nausea and stomach depression! Had a cry this morning, listened to some lovely gospel songs. Now trying to snap out of feeling so low. Really don't want to go back on antidepressants. God willing I will get better as the day goes on! Much love ♥

• Posted

Nausea and other stomach problems are classic mirt withdrawal. See how it goes but if they don't start improving soon, maybe take a fragment of a 15mg pill and wean off that by taking one every couple of days or so until the symptoms subside. This to help prevent prolonged withdrawal syndrome setting in.
    • Posted

Thanks evergreen ♥ will try and hang on until Monday. That will be two weeks complete. If still the same I will follow your advice! As it's always good! ♥
  • Posted

I feel great today.  My shrink says don't use fine or OK.

Had three really bad days with sickness, dispair etc but after going to the docs yesterday end getting something for my morning sickness as I call it and general crap stomach I feel much better. Still woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep but without the sickness it was so much more bearable. 

• Posted

Si glad your feeling a little better. How many days have you been off AD' s now? Love your new thread xx
    • Posted

Good news, Si. Nausea can really drag you down. What is it that your doctore has prescribed?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up