How Do You Feel Today?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i thoughts I'd start this new thread based on what I've learnt so far from one to one and group therapy. It's important that at least once a day you ask yourself or better still someone else asks you how you feel today. 

So im asking you all and please answer everyday if you can

"How do you feel today"

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel lousy!  I felt an upper respiratory bug coming on yesterday afternoon, in my throat and chest. at bedtime I couldn't remember if I took my mirt and supplements, so took them hoping I wasn't doubling up!  I also felt a wave of nausea and looseness inside that I rarely get.  

I wear a mouth guard because I grind my teeth, but I couldn't use it because I was salivating so much I thought I was going to drown or be sleeping on a slobbery pillow LOL!  I had to get up and take Benedryl and antacids (inegestion on top of it all!).  And then overnight the throat got so much worse, headache really bad,  and a cough formed that hurt., like ripping my throat out.  Chest congestion.  I feel very down.

I don't know if the stress of having a bug has triggered emotional WD symptoms or whether I would just feel this way anyway!  I have so much trouble with motivation as it is, and so it is frustrating to be sick on top of it.  I don't like the down feeling.  Will work on some self-care.  Headache is horrendous!

• Posted

Hi Betsy, it sounds as though you may have either a very bad cold or the flu. Both can negatively effect us emotionally. The virus attacks all areas in our body, not just those where symptoms are most obvious. My worst ever depression started after a spate of common viral illnesses. Not being able to just get on and do things is a bad enough thing in itself and enough to have you feeling down. I hope you start to feel better soon xx
    • Posted

Betsy, my psych dr. told me that everyone gets sadder when they are sick but that those with depression really notice the drop in mood. 
    • Posted

Betsy really hope you start feeling a bit better soon ♥

giving you big virtual hug xx

• Posted

Well, that was why i was put on Effexor 12 years ago.  I had a bad flu that left me with laryngitis for a month, unable to sleep lying down.  I went to the doctor so sick and tired of being sick, and he said I had generalized depression. I dutifully went off to the p-doc.  But, I hadn't felt blue otherwise; I was rather surprised that the doctor made this declaration and wish he never had; perhaps I would have dodged Effexor!
    • Posted

I may have been right though, Betsy. About your depression, I mean. My depression was started by illness but it continued for over a year, gradually getting worse until I went to the doctors and was tried on several different ADs and finally, mirtazapine. Depression brought on by physical illness is often temporary, but it can progress into full blown clinical depression in some people.
    • Posted

Should read 'HE may have been right' Not I may have been right.
    • Posted

You just helped me connect some dots. I was physically ill for a several months and didn't sleep during that time. I've always wondered what brought on the depression during that time.
  • Posted

The doc put me on metoclopramide but he changed his mind several times due to the Mirt, my blood pressure tablets and my acid reflex pills. But mainly because of just coming off Mirt. It's been 3 weeks and 3 days now. I'm also drinking lots of ginger ale which is also good for sickness. 

I dread getting ting any sort of other illness like a cold or flu so you have my deepest sympathy Besty. Get well soon and rest up. 

• Posted

After a great day (by my standards) yesterday I'm off it today. Had a terrible nights sleep. Forgot to put my phone on silent so that woke me up at 11pm with a series of messages coming through. Then couldn't get back to sleep so took 5mgs of diazepam and managed to sleep on and off till around 5. My back killing me this morning so more drugs for that. One of which is Diazepam again to relax the muscles, then naproxen, ibuprofen, laranzoline and finally amladophine. Now back in bed trying to keep warm and comfortable. 
    • Posted

Oh you poor thing. That is some cocktail of drugs too. I hope you feel better later on and maybe catch up with a bit of sleep. I too had a terrible night after my first missed dose of mirtazapine.
  • Posted

Hey Si, I like this thread ☺ its interesting to keep a record of thoughts & feelings on a daily basis. Today I've felt good. After a productive appointment with my GP on Monday she made the decision to increase my mirt dosage to 45mg and I've got to say I'm feeling better for it already. It's early days but I'm hopeful that my meds won't need to be messed around with any further. She has recommended more therapy which i'd already put myself forward for, I acknowledge that adding diazepam to the mix (the next step we discussed) is only masking over my issues further. After some really dark days over the last few weeks things are looking up.
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

Yes I think its important to make notes but I never read them afterwards.  I find sometimes that can be dwelling on th past.  I suppose its good to read about the good days especially if you are having a bad one.  That way you know it can get better.  But we dont want to read about our bad days when we are having another bad one.  I was making lots and lots of notes stored on the icloud so my shrink could access them but he wasn't interested so I stopped for a few days.  Wish I hadnt as he also put me on new medication and I cant remember what effect it had on me so the notes would have come in handy.  I sometimes do them in real time and other times the mroning after.

Good to hear you are in a positive place with your meds.  As for talking therapy i pay for it private as the NHS cant see me weekly like i need till 13th April.  I see the NHS shrink once a month just for a medication review but thats no help as I want to do it drug free apart from the odd Diazepam.  I did have two yesterday and been in a good place since :-)

I also started going to a group session but thats not brilliant and the groupd leader sent me a text today asking if i was OK as he'd not heard from me and signed it with two kisses! WTF?  Private shrink in 12 hours time :-)  She thinks I have had a breakdown and still suffering with PTSD.  So it could be a long road.  Hope to be able to cope on my own soon as I'm moving to work away in Las Vegas as soon as I get my visa but I need a stable mental health first.

As Eric Idle sang "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.