How do you fight against aniexity and panic attacks?

Posted , 5 users are following.

What is your way of geting rid of aniexity and panic attacks?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I sit down or stand up very straight, but a VERY LITTLE bit of water in my mouth, and force myself to breathe through my nose to help me calm down.

Does anyone else try this?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nice trick you learned. It alters the adrenaline rush, changes the focus and you have to breathe carefully and slower or you would choke. Ice chips under the tongue help too. Putting your hands palm faced down in the warmest water you can bear all work nice. Someone on here also mentioned rolling a frozen bottle of water under your feet. Good job figuring this out. Going to the core of the actual science of an adrenaline rush and fighting back on a physical level. ūüĎć
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I accept it I tried to fight against it it just made it worse sad it will pass also try drinking some chamomile tea it helps to relax you smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its hard but when i have anxieties i have to lie down and listen to music but when i am in a panic mode i have to have my boyfriend around to help me calm down or i have to lie down on my c-pap machine and do deep breathing through my machine to get the air i need to calm me down 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You can not get rid of it its part of being a human being. Its the fight or flight response and people with panic disorders have a malfunctioning one.a broken switch if u will. You have over ride it now. You have to learn to manually self calm yourself. There are tons of methods and information on this. First learn cbt, get a book and learn it. So you understand this. Next learn belly breathing. All the singers belly breath. Mindfullness breathing techniques(takes minutes) you can learn that from utube. Then find some form of meditation that you like, there are hundreds online. Eat well your body needs the nutrition and keep hydrated. Sleep is important to keep the levels of stress bearable. B complex helps the nerves.  Juicing is fantastic because vitamins absorb much better and much faster. You can research that online. Celery juice is a fantastic juice for anyone with stress. Pinterest has a ton of positive information to help you. There is no magic pill, there is no wuick fix. Science hasnt fidgured this out to fix it and since its an instinct you have to manage this on your own basically. Be prepared for symptoms to fire upon an adrenaline rush its common.anxiety attacks effect 70% of your body. Some symptoms will be constant while others ll alter themselves. If you fear this you will feed into it and mak it way worse.it is an adrenaline rushthats the science so yes its going to rush thru you and scare you in many ways, BUT it can be over ridden. Its the back up trick to all this. Sometimes it will be almost impossible but most times you will be able to do it. Oanic attacks the cycle is about ten minutes if you do not feed into it. Not saying ignore it thats impossible, but saying accept it for what it is and breathe through it as best you can. They do have various medications to help with the symptoms, the mind..etc..but be aware there is NO happy pill. They do not cure anything but in a crisis they can  calm you to learn all this to function.  They will be short term and addicting. Some have side effects more annoying then the anxiety. They are a last resort but again useful if you are in a crisis state. Be sure to find a behavioral therapist to work with you. If you deciede to use medicine have a therapist. Being thrown a bottle of pills and sent on your way is not the proper way to recover you have to put in the work.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've been fairly anxious and pretty much a worrier my entire life....but really not big enough of an issue that i couldn't sorta handle it in stride (i mean, i'd rather not be like that don't get me wrong) but the last few years (since menopause i think) this is gotten much much worse....then i had a concussion and then my panic and anxiety attacks went crazy.....i'm pretty sure my husband thinks i'm crazy. One day they got so bad that i begged him to drive me to the emergency room (not sure what they were going to do about it and with my HUGE deductible this was an enormous decsion for me)....thankfully, my dr. called in some valium (just 5 pills) to let me make it thru the night and see him the next day (and i didn't have to go to hospital).....anyway, i've seen several different types of docs now and i FINALLY seem to be getting better.....what do i contribute it to? well, i 've been trying SEVERAL different things from cranio work, massage, to anti-inflammatories to fish oils to 5http.....you name it....i believe all these things have helped somewhat but i think the biggest thing that has helped me has been an EXTREMELY small amount of mirtazapine 7 1/2 mg.....and what it has done for me is let me sleep deeply and completely the entire night......with my anxiety and panic i could not sleep and even when i did sleep it was like i was BARELY asleep and ANYTHING would have me wide awake again.....anyway, i have been taking this for 5 nights so far and i am telling you that i have been feeling like i'm human again...and i have not had much anxiety and certainly nothing close to a panic attack...i have no idea if this would work for anyone else but so far so good here and i'm soooooooo happy......I NEVER want to have that/those feelings ever again. If anyone sees their doc and tries out this remedy would you let me know if it worked for you? I'm just so curious if it is that or all the other homeopathic things i'm trying. I think it is the mirtazapine but again, that might not work for the next person.....this anxiety/panic stuff is AWFUL.....goodluck to everyone out there suffering with it....it is very difficult for friends and family to relate when it has never happened to them! I hope you ALL get better....let's keep up these chats and keep trying to help each other out.....BEST to everyone!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up