HOW DO YOU GET THROUGH DAYS LIKE THESE???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I suffer from bad depression and have had to stop taking Sertraline cold turkey just before christmas. Today has been terrible...cant stop crying for no reason, shaking, cant eat..the list is endless. I have no inclinaton to do anything which is not me at all, and I hate myself for feeling this way.  I dont know what to do as my doctor told me to take Venlafaxine which I have had before and had the most terrible time coming off this one too, so Im really scared to take it - but I know I NEED something to stop all of these feelings. Sometimes I feel that its just me in the world that suffers like this but I know of course that its not..and people are far worse off than I am. I just want to know if anyone has any good coping skills which help on days like this.

Thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know your pain I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really know the answers to this but somehow I do manage to get through the day but I suppose I have no other choice. I think I have just learnt to except that this is how I feel right now and I can't change it as much as I try. I just keep it in the day and don't think about tomorrow as who know I might well wake up in the morning and feel better. I think that out problem is that we are so sick of feeling like this we end up impatient and want to feel well straight away. It seems it don't work like that as I think it takes time. I don't blame you for not taking the venalfaxine it's the most evil drug I have ever been on and took me a year to get off it. I don't take anything now as tryed ADs for 32 years and ended far more ill than I was before I ever took one. Sod the pills I'm looking into alternative healthy ways to cope with this now. I have been researching and found out loads of better ways than taking them evil drugs 
    • Posted

I think the pills do help but your right to fix depression you need to chnage things for your self. I am now on 225mg of venflaxine and i am seeing so many different comments about venflaxine.
  • Posted

Hi there, I'm pretty much looking for the same as you, Ive been like this for so long and can't get out of it, Ive not been able to function properly in society basicay since I left school. So you're not alone, even though that doesn't help you much 
  • Posted

I can suggest a Documentary in an area which you like.

I got really pent up with circulating issues yesterday and day before and I watched a good DVD on science. It distracted me into thinking about something more positive, and perhaps it will allow you to 'not do anything' but still do something ie learn. so you won't be so hard on yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.