How do you know what needs changing?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 42, perimenopausal. Started with symptoms in December. Anxiety, low moods, the lot! Started on citalopram and been on them for 8months. Began HRT (Elleste duet 1mg) in August. Now on my 3rd cycle and just feel awful.

Stressed , anxious, sad, sweaty, tired the whole lot.

What is not working?

Any advice would be great.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey 😊 I'm on different hrt....femseven sequi...but I felt better almost immediately after starting them....i began an early menopause at 41 I'm now 43 gave in to hrt last year as I was really suffering with depression/anxiety and body felt like it was run over permanently...i am also on setraline but if been on that for a long time...anyway maybe this particular one you are on doesn't agree with you? My doctor did say it's pretty much trial and error finding the right one....but on the flip side I know it takes a few months to feel the full effect....maybe have a chat with doctor could be worth trying another type? Good luck....once you do get the right one for you....youl feel amazing hang in there 😊😊😊

• Posted

Hi, I was just the same on Elleste. After a month I was worse than before I started. Went back to GP who changed it to Femoston which has a different kind of progesterone in it. According to descriptions it is a "gentler" kind and is better tolerated. I've been on it for 2 months and it is better as sweats, flushes, atrophy much better xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.