How do you tell the man you love you've had herpes outbreak..I didn't get it from him

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dating this guy for a while now and the guy before that passed hsv to me. It's been a year with no outbreak and now that I have had one I'm not sure how to break it to him. I coped out and told him I found out I was exposed to it so he might have it but I haven't had the courage to say more than that. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I literally just had to tell the guy I'm with that I had an outbreak. Now I don't know if I got it from him and he's just had a mild outbreak and never knew but the fact was I had to tell him. Everyone says saying "I have to have a serious talk with you" isn't never the way to go but that's how I did it. He got very quiet and sat down with me. He knew right from the start something was wrong from my body language. I told him remember I went l the doctors well I got tested for everything under the sun. He's like okay, and then I just said I have gential herpes but once I said that I lost it and started crying. Being emotional doesn't always help a situation either. My boyfriend happened to be completely understanding of it. 

Like everyone says on here (because I've made the same discussion) if he truly loves you he'll be able to look past it and understand that the really only change will be to have safe sex. If you don't already. 

It doesn't change who you are as a person. That's one thing I've made aware with my boyfriend. I'm capable of doing everything I used to do but need to be on the safe side because we are unaware if he has HSV2 or not. He actually said "I hope I do have it" 

Unfortunately that talk needs to be done, it is uncomfortable to say, I said it over and over and over in my truck 

"I have gential herpes, I have gential herpes"

Goodluck!! Xx

• Posted

I wish I had that strength that you have. At least you got it out of your chest 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.