How I feel after my surgery it was 2/3/15

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I had my surgery and for a day or so I slept when I was in the hospital the 3rd day I was there the doctor made sure that my pain was under control and then they sent me home and I wad walking to remove all the air that wad inside of me you will not be able to burp or pass this gas out of you you haft to walk it out so it can move around and once that happens it gets a whole lot better you just have to deal with the pain from the surgery and that won't be hard yes its soups the first few days but your doctor normally tells you afterwards what you can have and what you can't have and it's just fatty foods bcuz that was your gallbladder job so stay away from fatty stuff and eat as much as you can bcuz you won't have much of a apatite at first but you will later you will get it back. If there's any questions I would love to answer them just ask away Thank you guys for being here when I needed you

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

So pleased all went well...

funny the gas escaping was the worst part for me..

take it easy now you have to heal a lot x

• Posted

I am waiting to have my gallbladder out. I understand they do this through keyhole surgery and you are only in overnight. Were there complications that meant you were in hospital for 3 days?
    • Posted

No there want any complications I think they was just trying to be extra careful with me idk but whatever I it was I'm thankful
  • Posted

So happy for you!! Yes stay awqay from fatty foods and you should be ok. Keep us posted about how well you are doing!! ย smile
  • Posted

Wow thank you fergus for that information, do you find it hard bending for anything?

how about sitting down ? I'm big busted and if I sit too long at the moment my breast presses in that area so I can't sit for long.ย 

i will be glad to get my operation I'm so sick of feeling ill.ย 

I have a lot of nausea and dizziness with my painkillers but without them I'm in a hell of a lot more pain. Look after yourself Fergus .ย 

• Posted

O yes gilly bending is very painful and sitting up is to I think just for the very first day or two but if you do add the doctor's tell you you will be just fine walk around if you can add much as possible it will get rid of the gas and you won't have to lay in bed all the time you can move around alot and sit up in chairs and stuff you will be fine I'm getting better everyday but you are gonna need help so please prepare to have someone close by
  • Posted

How are you doing now?
    • Posted

Everyday is a better day the pain ease alot everyday I get sport more at night for some reason but for the most part I am recovering 100% I feel great scared to eat but I see that's everyone's fear so I'm good then so I just try to ready things that agree with me moving forward I feel wonderful I believe I'm gonna be able to go to work on Wednesday and I am ecstatic๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    • Posted

Man that sounds wonderful. I may be facing a similar situation with my gb but so far it's not debilititating to the point that I can't walk or move but it does hurt and makes life a bit more difficult... I just hope that after I get my sonar that my doctor can help me.
    • Posted

Hey Hey. How are you doing? Is the pain mostly gone and are you coping okay?
    • Posted

Yes tamsyn59552 I'm great with the gb removal is all up hill from here I've been able to eat what ever I want but I still have some issues with constipation and gas and indigestion but I can deal with it sometimes I am now facing another challenge and that's after my gb removal I found that I had a hernia so now is back to surgery again because it's above my navel cord and it won't allow me to work so now I am home once again๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
    • Posted

Oh my gosh. So sorry to hear that you have a hernia? How did that happen without the doctors noticing when the operated on you? Was it due to bacterial infection? It seems like there are still many things you have to struggle with but I am keeping you in my prayers. Good luck
    • Posted

Well my doctor told I had it for years but it didn't start to bother me until after I had my surgery or it could of been part of my problem idk but I do know when I work it hurts like crap so I will just get my appointment for this surgery and hope and pray nothing else arises afterwards
    • Posted

Thanks for the prayers it definently seems like we all need them everyday I will keep you posted on how this goes
    • Posted

I think I have a hernia above my navel also. I have noticed a V shape and at times it is painful. Did not notice this until a few months ago. I will have to get this checked!
    • Posted

Yes please do because it is very painful I was suppose to get my referral today from my doctor so I can get the surgery done but they couldn't get in touch with my doctor so now I'm waiting again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.