How is everyone

Posted , 8 users are following.

Apologies for not responding to messages and posts. We moved house on July 22nd and didn't have wifi until this morning. I was relying on finding free wifi but had so many Emails I just didn't have time to respond. Hope everyone is well and anyone who has recently had surgery I hope you're recovering.

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Matron,

Wondering if there is any possibility that I still have undisputed stitches at around 23 weeks post op.

I think I have overstretched things at anterior end (was doing some low impact walking/exercise in house as it was wet outside).

Seem to be a bit nippy really close to bladder wall at front edge of vag... opening. Def... not infection and nippy on wiping and uncomfortable when sitting.

Not sure if still stitch ends there or if just overstretched things.?

Phyl x😕😕😕

• Posted

Sorry meant ' undisolved'

• Posted

Hello phyl. It is possible you could have an undissolved stitch, I've seen it as late as 24 weeks but by then it's embedded and become infected so I think you've probably just overdone things a bit but you won't have done any harm at this stage. I remember being uncomfortable sitting after excercise up to about a year after my surgery but then it would just settle xx

• Posted

Thank you Matron for speedy reply.

I had my shift at work today and on my feet for a few hours with no sign of any stitch irritating when I was walking. Just nippy after wiping.

However was a little sore in lower back which is unusual so a little worrying. Have one more shift tomorrow, so will rest up after tomorrow's shift for a few days .

Had also been doing a lot of pelvic floor exercises yesterday, is it possible that I have muscle spasm in that area, would that make me a bit nippy at front?

Much appreciated,

Phyl x?

• Posted

It would make you nippy at the front......definitely. I was wondering how things were at work for you. I hope you aren't doing too much even at this stage. I do remember your colleagues being very supportive though, I hope it's continuing x

• Posted

Yes Matron, colleagues are still very supportive.

Still only doing my 2 contract shifts, tempted to ask for overtime but then thought better of it as no guarantee that they would be as supportive.

Allowed seat at self scan area if seat at till unavailable after couple of hours. I can at least stand up for a little while if sitting at till for too long.

Had restarted swimming last week after a few weeks break as I had a bad throat for a few weeks. Think I probably overdone the walk on top of swim; it's a 15/20 minute walk from bus stop to pool each way! It's unusual to have the nippy feeling at front usually feel it at posterior end but that ends been fine.

Desperate to restart cycling but will have to wait till I can take the overstretching before chancing the discomfort that will come with getting on a saddle again.

Was just thinking last week how well things were going, so I suppose my body is giving me a little warning that I can't be too over active and still need to be careful. Think I am impatient and have a tendency forget that I am no spring chicken.

Thank's again for your help, will try and hitch a lift from my sister when she goes to the gym.

Phyl x???

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Still not feeling like I'm back on track.

Nippy area not so bad, still think I overstretched things, but had also been using cheaper brand of supermarket wipes and although claiming to be gynecologically tested I'm sure they were making matters worse so swapped back to more expensive brand.

Over last month work been gradually leaving me longer on my feet and although got a chair to sit when quiet we have been busier and no really getting a chance to sit often, when I gave beend given seat at the till, often got a bad seat that gas not been supportive and my body weight pressing down on pelvic floor along with being busier again finding pressure of constant shifting of items ( even though not always heavy) still causing pressure.

Don't think that repairs have failed but definitely feeling sensation of a downward sagging of internal bits causing a little discomfort. Hoping thus is not the vault at the upper pelvic floor starting to sag, can't see what else it could be.

Everything else (bladder, bowel) in good working order, but unable to make any more progress with length of time on feet walking and feel I have taken a step back with regards to weight bearing. Finding a 2 litre milk too heavy again.

Would appreciate any input as in a bit of a quandary as to what to do?

Doing regular pelvic floor exercises and am sure my muscles are fairly strong.

Phyl x😕😕😕

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Nippy area not so bad, still think I overstretched things, but had also been using cheaper brand of supermarket wipes and although claiming to be gynecologically tested I'm sure they were making matters worse so swapped back to more expensive brand.

Over last month work been gradually leaving me longer on my feet and although got a chair to sit when quiet we have been busier and no really getting a chance to sit often, when I gave beend given seat at the till, often got a bad seat that gas not been supportive and my body weight pressing down on pelvic floor along with being busier again finding pressure of constant shifting of items ( even though not always heavy) still causing pressure.

Don't think that repairs have failed but definitely feeling sensation of a downward sagging of internal bits causing a little discomfort. Hoping thus is not the vault at the upper pelvic floor starting to sag, can't see what else it could be.

Everything else (bladder, bowel) in good working order, but unable to make any more progress with length of time on feet walking and feel I have taken a step back with regards to weight bearing. Finding a 2 litre milk too heavy again.

Phyl x😕😕😕

• Posted

Hello phyl,I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Reading your post has reminded me just how long it can take to recover from this surgery and I hope other ladies who have recently had surgery read this. Your repair hasn't failed, which obviously you know but the standing for long periods takes it's toll on the pelvic floor muscles and causes the dragging feeling you describe. Lifting anything heavy will cause the same symptoms. Your pelvic floor won't "sag" at this stage but you do need to be careful because if you did something over and above what you should then you'll weaken the muscles. I find through doing some research and talking to Urogynaecologists that it is around 6 months when you can safely do more without this sensation of dragging. I felt it for some time particularly when I returned to work and I remember it was very uncomfortable at times but you're in a job where you are expected to be on your feet for long periods. Are you managing to put your feet up when you get home? I know you were working part time is that still the case? 

Just to add phyl that if the surgery was failing then your bowel & bladder would be suffering as well more than likely which they aren't. 

Other than getting a job where you aren't on your feet for so long which isn't practical I know, I think you just have to be very careful and possibly speak to your manager and explain you still need help and more support. Recovery takes so long I know just how frustrating it is xx

• Posted

Hello phyl I've just written a long post which when I pressed Reply a message said problem loading and I lost it all!!! I will respond again very soon xx

• Posted

Ignore this post I've just noticed my reply to you above xx

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am still only covering my 2 x 5 hour contract shifts.

Around 2 weeks till reach 6month post op so felt that I should be coping better than this. Think they (work) were trying to get me last night perhaps for overtime butissued if as I was babysitting Ewan and phone was turned down so missed it. Don't think I could cope yet.

Just feel like I'm taking a step back but could be that while quiet at work when I first returned ( was almost start of holiday season) it has picked up and things a little heavier and feel I should be managing better.

Mainly taking it easy at home, doing a little more but not doing any heavy spring cleaning, gardening or decorating. Tend to do little chunks then having a break with feet up throughout day. Hubby still doing most of the meals. I just rest after work but on days off usually trying to catch up on things.

Had tried busing it into work last 2/3 Mondays and got my hubby to pick me up at end of shift. Maybe to early yet for that as it takes me an hour and a half to get there.

Have been resting slot over last 2 weeks but discomfort still there even after just a little while on my feet.

Just had a little discharge, really just a spot on liner, beige/grey and pale pink. Maybe I do have infection now, that would maybe cause tenderness internally?

Phyl x😕

• Posted

I didn't realise it took you so long to get to work phyl. The journey itself will be tiring but it's worth investigating the possibility of an infection because that could account for the dragging feeling and tiredness. We all recover differently phyl and you're just taking a bit longer but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. You must still listen to your body and at the moment it's clearly telling you that you're just overdoing things a bit. Make a GP appointment just to rule out infection, anaemia and underactive thyroid gland x

• Posted

Probably my fault, I posted original query twice as I posted first one to myself (sHi Matron,

Phyl x😕😕😕 sillly me 😅😅😅wink, then reposted once I realized.!

• Posted

Think I should go back to bed this morning, I'm causing all sorts of mayhem thus morning!😅😅😅

• Posted

No you're not, I think there's a problem with the website. I had problems yesterday with double posts and then the page reloading and losing what I'd typed x

• Posted

Ah, hadn't thought that my thyroid gland may be out of sorts as vagifem could interfere with manufactured thyroxine. Almost been on vagifem for two and a half months now.

Think I'll try get app for GP and get all things checked.

Has been little more than uncomfortable inserting the tablet over last few weeks!

Thank you Matron you have put my mind at rest it probably is a little infection of some sort and therefore tender.

Phyl x ?💖

• Posted

My work is about 20 minutes by car, but I don't drive and there is no direct bus. I stay north of Glasgow in the country and therfore have to take a bus into Glasgow town centre first then I get another bus back out to summerston.

It's crazy I pass another store on way into town centre which would be better for me; I was about to put in for transfer the next time my local store advertised when front repair failed.

Must admit I love the store I'm in and you get to know a lot of the regulars and my colleagues are all lovely. Will have to wait until fully recovered before thinking of move and there is also support to consider they have been really good at doing there best to support me and I may not find them so supportive at a different store!

Phyl x?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.