How is everyone doing?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I posted and, since having both of my ovaries removed, I haven't had any need to but I do still cehck in now & again to see what's new.

I've now been on my HRT for nearly 5 months now and it hasn't been plain sailing. First of all I had really bad spots on my face, the likes of which I hadn't had since puberty! :oops: My GP reduced my dosage and my skin has started to improve but my moods have not! I have been getting what I can only describe as severe PMT but it is pretty much every day. I either feel really angry & want to punch someone :evil: or I am in tears feeling very anxious. I am also extremely tired every day and have had really bad headaches.

I'm going back to my GP in a couple of weeks to see what we can do. I know that finding the right dosage will be trial & error. I suppose I'm a little disappointed that it's not all plain sailing. I thought my troubles would be over once my ovaries were gone.

Anyhow, enough of my moaning, how is everyone who had surgery late last year? Tracey & Kim, how are you getting on? Have either of you gone back to work? I know your companies werem't very sympathetic - any change?

Jill

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've put my reply on my original post. I've just started the HRT but don't think it is working. I've been through the menopause before (without HRT) and going through it again now having lost my ovaries (so unfair !) and I have had and am having the mood swings you describe both times, so I wouldn't blame the HRT.

I've just down at how slow my progress is just now.

• Posted

Hi Frances

What was the title & date of your original post?

Sorry to hear that you are having to go through it again, it must be awful for you. My mood swings come & go, at the moment I feel okay. That may have something to do with the sun being out!

I have been taking vitamin B6 & also vitamin E (for my skin). I'm going to see my GP next week and will show her the notes in my diary for when I have felt rough. we'll see what she says.

What do you do to combat the moods? Do you take anything?

Jill

• Posted

The title of my original post was 'large cyst' and was dated November, it should appear near the top of the list due to my recent posting.

I'm not too bothered about the mood swings - once I realised what they were, they somehow had less impact. The most difficult part is holding back when you are in a foul mood ! You seem to kave them worse than me, not fun.

My main problem is the hot flushes. I am getting loads more this time. Apart from feeling hot and sweaty, it also does affect my sleep. I haven't used central heating in my house for over a month now ! I want it cold so I can cool down when I get a hot flush !

I find alcohol increases the frequency of the flushes so cutting that out does make a small difference, but not as much as the pain of giving up the alcohol. I am not a heavy drinker, but the odd G+T is very nice !

On 1mg dose of HRT (Climaval) just now, 2 weeks so far, and it doesn't seem to have changed things. Will wait another 2 weeks or so and if no difference will go back to the doctor. He told me not to wait too long.

Not taking anything else - isn't Evening Primrose supposed to help ?

My skin, so far, is fine.

Frances

• Posted

Hi Frances

Yes, I remember your original post.

I haven't been getting any hot flushes, thank god, must be hard giving up the G&T's. My mood swings are back. I am feeling very down today and have already had a good cry in the toilets at work. It's so hard to explain why you feel tearful.

I am on Premique (not sure of the dodage but it's one of the lower ones). I have tried a couple of brands since November & I find that each one has taken a couple of months to kick in. However, I'm so glad I'm going to see my GP on Monday. Not sure that I want to change dose, just want to talk to her & make sure I'm not going mad!

Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill

Forgot I hadnt replied to this LOL

Like you I have had a tough time recently. I too feel I would be back to normal after the cysts were gone not to be.

The last 2 months have been an emotional rollarcoaster. All I seem to do is cry for no reason or for the slightest thing and if I am not crying I am shouting or snapping. I dont feel in control of my emotions at all.

The spots have cleared up but I would rather have the spots than the way I am feeling.

I have been put on anti depressents but 5 weeks down the line I am no better. I am paranoid too and feel everyone is talking about me.

Another thing I thought would go after the op was my weight but I am heavier than before the op.

I am not sure if it is the Mirena coil causing all this and am going to ask when I go back to the doctors this week for a smear becuase if its the coil I would rather go back to heavy periods than feel like this.

I am taking Evening Primrose and starflower oil plus vitamin B6 but nothing is helping. The only other thing that has gone is the sore boobs.

I am also always bloated and water retention from hell despite being on water tablets

I feel like I am in hell and would rather go through the cyst again and the op. :cry:

Anyway I hope you and Frances feel better since the last post.

Also has anyone heard off Janice?

Tracey xx

• Posted

Hi Ladies - well I'm ok (touch wood). My cyst believe it or not disappeared, so it deffo wasn't a dermoid cyst as they first thought, now the money is on it having been an endometrioma.

However - I am still seeing the gynae, as now they think I'm in early menopause - ohh joy.

I go back to the clinic on 27th April so keep 'em crossed for me.

Take care everyone.

Tracey I've (finally) emailed you, so sorry to hear you're having a cr@ppy time.

Jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.