How is everyone today?

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's a damp and dreary day here.

Had a surprisingly anxious free morning but the lull has set in again.

Trying to resist a nap as I am not tired and I don't really sleep just think.

It always seems to happen at this time of day. I wonder why that is?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Zoe I am in my 16th day of citalopram this morning open wakeing my anxiety was bad as normal and I felt brilliant for 3 hours then all of a sudden I got what I thought was a chest pain then aches all over my body thinking about all kinds of madness and now am in bed feeling worse than I did before starting meds, I honestly thought I would be feeling better by now but the side effects just jump on me!

Yet another weekend destroyed I hope it wears it wears off soon sorry for the misserble reply, if anyone can shed any light on the side effects and help me to think this ok I would massively appreciate it thankyou

• Posted

Hi ell.

Sorry to hear your day has not been great. What you have to hold onto is that you had 3 good hours!

You are in the very early days of this medication. Anxiety, amongst other side effects can get worse before they get better. Did your Gp warn you about that? Probably not, most don't.

I have been of citalopram for over 3months now and I am only stating to have more better times than bad. As you can tells from my post the dips stillness hit me.

It does get better, promise, but you have to be patient and take the bad with the good. Give the good more of your attention.

This forum has been a God send to me and has made me realise that even though I have felt really bad, things could have been worse.

It has helped me change my mindset to focus on the positive improvements and pay no attention to the side effects an today accept the blips in my recovery.

I hope this helps. If I can support you further just ask 😀

• Posted

Hi Elle I'm on day 17 and I've woken up with aches and pains all over my body right shoulders just feeling rubbish.what strength are you on?im on 10mg but moving up to 20 tomoro.

• Posted

Hi Zoe,  glad you had a chilled morning despite the rain.  It's only just stopped here.  On week 3 I felt really tired and my gp suggested taking my tablet at night time. I didn't because I was too worried it would disrupt my sleep.  The tiredness has mostly passed now.  I still have the odd day where I go for a nap. x

• Posted

Hi Everyone.

Hope you are all having a good day x

I'm having one of those days when the mind is willing bit the body ain't.

Does anyone else get like that sometimes?

We are often worried that our minds getting foggy or we cant concentrate or thoughts control our actions.

But what about when our minds are active with positive feelings?

Is this progress, improvement, the aim of citalopram? Does this mean they are finally working? At what point can you say ' I feel well again '

These are just my thoughts for the day.

Very deep I know but for once, and it has been along time, I am actually having thoughts that have not filled me with dread.

I am not suggesting that the journey is over ( oh how I wish) but it is so nice to have your mind take a break.

I'm sure tomorrow will be a different day and maybe I will crash and maybe I won't. But for now I am making the most of it and having a chilled Sunday afternoon.

• Posted

I'm getting better day by day in my opinion at least. I'm learning to accept my anxiety and thoughts but no succumb to them if that makes any sense. Mornings are still rough but getting better.

• Posted

That's good. It's your opinion that counts.

How's the increase going?

• Posted

It's going well I can't say I have any side effects just pushing through one day at a time. How are you feeling?

• Posted

That's great. See nothing to worry about.

I'm Gestingthorpe there, little by little. Nearly 6 weeks on 40mg.

Just little dips every so often. When I feel like I needs to talk it go on here.

Can this forum become addictive? 😁

It's great! The support and advice and chatter has certainly helped me these last weeks.

Thanks

• Posted

I'm glad your hanging in there and feeling better.

I'm only going on a week...i think I can't even remember now....idk if I'm feeling better because I'm just pushing through it or the increased help.

Coming on here is good for support it's just a shame that when people get better they don't usually come back unless the go backwards again and I'm also guilty of that lol.

• Posted

Yeah I was thinking that. Some days in come on and there are no new posts and I feel the need to write something. I often wonder does that mean everyone's having a good or bad day.

I think it's good therapy and if my experience can help someone else then that's a bonus.

When I started on citalopram and felt very needy I used to just read these posts to know I wasn't alone. Now I've realised it a two way process.

Get support and give it.

• Posted

Absolutely I try to stick around but sometimes we feel better ans get caught up in life and sometimes people are just having bad days and don't have it in them to come here.

• Posted

Hi kain

I had a really awful day yesterday. Felt like I was totally back to the start. Got myself in a right flap. However, I knew what was getting me worked up and managed to talk myself round. ( I even gave myself a high 5 😁

Today, I feel good. while writings this is thinking of allowing the things I've done today that yesterday would have been a nightmare and immobility actually smiling to myself.

I hope it lasts.

However about you? Still pushing only through? X

• Posted

Ya one day at a time work has been helping i think I wish I kept some kind of log to remember when I went up to 40 maybe it's been 10 days now? Idk lol I remember i had a few nightmare days starting citalopram but they eventually stopped.

One day at a time Zoe is all we can really do.

• Posted

Ok I increased on the 14th so only 9 days I guess.
    • Posted

Hi kain I'm on 10mg and doc has gave 20 but scared to take it incase my side effects worsen I've only been on my tablets 3 wks.did ur side effects get worse when u upped ur dose.

• Posted

Hey Louise my experience may be different then yours but I gave 10mg 2 months and my doctor suggested upping the dose I told him I would like to stay on 10. After maybe a year I went to 20mg because my anxiety had come back. The side effects weren't as bad after increasing I took it at night and had a lack of appetite for maybe 3 days.

Just keep in mind I was on it over a year before I went up so I already had it well into my system.

• Posted

Thanks for replying kain going to up my dose tomoro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.