How long...@

Posted , 9 users are following.

from when you get referred do you get your operation?

thanks!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm going private so I don't know about that one of u mean NHS? 😕
  • Posted

Hi Dizzypanda,

I'm booked in to have my gastric sleeve on 31st March. I had my initial appointment with the consultant on 29/08/14 so it has been 7 months for me.

Have you had an appointment yet?

• Posted

I have just found out I meet the criteria for referral so am awaiting initial appointment. I had a gastric band fitted privately but it slipped and I had to have it removed so I am hoping for a sleeve - thanks for the replies 😀
    • Posted

I had my first appointment in March 2014 and gastric bypass surgery 6th feb 2015 so not quite a year but waiting list differ from county to county and als depends on time of year too hope this helps
    • Posted

thanks it does help - I am desperate and just hope I get accepted
  • Posted

Hi Dizzypanda,

I went to panel in April 2014 and was accepted, I had my operation

November 17th last year, best thing I've ever done.

• Posted

I am so pleased for you - I had a gastric band and was losing weight when it slipped and I had to have it removed so I was devastated. I live in Oxford where it is really hard to get accepted so I am hoping for a good outcome
  • Posted

Hi I'm having my band op nxt wk. have waited 1yr since my 1st appointment with the surgeons (despite them saying it could be done within 2-3 mths! Never believe the surgeons!!!)
  • Posted

Hi Dizzypanda, I'm on the NHS . I was refered for bariatric surgery last August , I've just completed my 4week milk diet, my next appointment is March30th hope I'll get a date for my bypass. Good luck. x
    • Posted

Hi well done for completing 4 week milk diet. I am currently 3 days into mine, but I only have to do it two weeks before my surgery date 31/03/14 (I'm having a gastric sleeve). I have seen that others have had to do the milk diet for 4 weeks, do you know why? And to not even have a surgery date yet. Once again well done 👏👍
    • Posted

Thank you, no I haven't got a date for op yet ,my next appointment is on the 30th March will know more then. Lost 12lb in 28days of milk diet.😀 xx
    • Posted

I was refered to Luton & Dunstable hospital & they sent me an appointment , well it was 3 appointments on the same day a nurse , a doctor & a ECG test done. The next time they sent for me I had a appointment with the dietitian , a psychologist & had an echo heart scan done & began the milk diet the next day to shrink my liver & to prove I could do it. Also to lose 5% of my body weight ,which I have done.x
    • Posted

Thank you I just hope it's not to much longer as I'm not a youngster , I'm 66yrs old & the older you are the harder the recovery is. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.