How long 😧

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've taken 10mg of citalopram for 5 weeks for anxiety and then It was increased to 20 3 weeks ago....I'm still anxious and have the awful physical side affects 😪 is this normal for the time frame or should I be seeing a difference xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Cit is brutal. I have been on it for 4 weeks. Still have side effects. 20mg. Does it ever end?. I was told it takes 7 - 8 weeks to settle and get in your system. Stay strong. I havnt been able to work. Just to overwhelming. But yes it is normal.
    • Posted

It's horrible I'm having heaviness in the chest and sever muscle pain and the  other usual symptoms......I'm still at work as I need the focus r I souks sit at home and think about it.....hopefully I will see an ending to the symptoms soon 😖
  • Posted

What side effects are you experiencing? I'm getting chest pains and anxiety. Loads of it. Trying to

Remain calm. Xx

• Posted

Yes same for me... chest feels like someone is sitting on it. And hugh anxiety
  • Posted

Citalopram and other SSRI's all have similar side effects and it can be 3-4 months before you start feeling any benefits from it.  Some people feel it sooner.  Everyone is different.  You'll be up and down like this for a while unfortunately, but it does get better.  The down times get less as time goes by, and they get less severe.  

Don't give up on the meds - feeling like this means they are working and it's your body adjusting to them.  Recovery is so gradual and so much patience is needed.

Its a long rocky road, but you're all doing so well - the wait is worth it.

• Posted

Hi,

I am four months in and feeling better, l am on 40mg, but looking forward to reducing when ready!

Hope it gets better for you soon, it does get better!

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.