How long ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Could anyone please advise how long it usually takes to be feeling well again after severe flare up with hospitalisation? Pain has definitely improved but am so tired it's awful . Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It can take days or weeks everyone seams to be different. I get pain everyday but I am finally getting used to it I take paracetamol and that seams to help. Sorry I am not really helpful
    • Posted

Thanks Susan for your reply. The pain has eased a lot it's the tiredness that's getting me down. Hoping you feel better soon.

• Posted

For me it seems that until I get a few days of total rest I don't get better. I also had a flare up two weeks ago, the tired feeling once you stating to heal because your busy is working so hard and eating so little is normal, but take a full day of not doing anything and you will feel better.

• Posted

It can take mths I am at the end of double antibiotics and still feel like grap just can't move want to lay down all the time but can't sleep . When I was hospitalized it took 6 weeks before I felt strong enough to go back to work . It's a horrible thing to have .

• Posted

You are lucky you can take that much time from work. I usually only take one or two days the most, then I have to go back to work. I think is the reason I take so long to heal.
    • Posted

I used to get in so much trouble taken time off work with this problem that it took me longer to get better but now I am retired it has taken alot of pressure off although the pain is the same lol
    • Posted

I was not looking forward to retirement because I like my job, but now I am. The problem, I got 10 to 15 years ahead of me before I can do it. Is true, that the body needs so much rest after a flare up, and not resting properly make us propence to get them more often. I often worry about rupture and getting peritonitis.
  • Posted

My last attack, ten days ago, ended up with me in hospital.  I felt have felt ok since Sunday after I completed my course of the horrible antibiotics.  I am now on holiday in Ireland and fingers crossed, I have had no problems other than initially constipation.  so far my attacks seem to be very severe, but short lived, i.e. two weeks max.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up