How Long?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Gp has just put me on 10mg of citalopram for 4 weeks and Zopiclone at night for 2 weeks.

Reason being that at times get very jittery and nervy, sinking feelings in stomach and need to

walk about, also have panic attacks about feeling this way.

Going to sleep is a problem and sometimes need to rely on sleeping tablets, I have a fear

sometimes of not falling asleep, and reading or listening to music does not help a bit, my head is full of not sleeping.

This is all really getting me down now, have struggled with this for 6/9 months now.

Been on the tablets foe 4 days now and have the following side effects:

Feeling sick, indigestion,

Dry mouth

Feeling restless, shaky, anxious, and agitated.

How long can I expect these feelings to last and is there anything to ease the discomfort.

Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

great to hear

marbel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.