How long after sex is hpv detectable .

Posted , 3 users are following.

i slept with the same guy last year that gave me hpv ten years ago . ( hes an ex ) i had all the std checks and a normal pap result 10 months later . my question is can i consider myself clear ? we used protection and it was a very quick encounter but im still overly concerned about my health as he gets around . my main concern is hpv due to the cancer worry of course . can i forget about this since i had a normal pap smear months later ? help please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

anyone at all ?

• Posted

well its impossible to get hpv again from him even tho he has it if you already took a gardasil vaccine which is against cancer caused by hpv . but if u dont have it sonce then , well maybe

• Posted

I think that HPV and herpes stay with you for life once you got them .

Most of the strains are harmless except for a couple that could turn into cancer.

• Posted

hmm maybe but you can prevent the outbreaks and it will never be sti anymore , that's how the gardasil vaccine and cauterizarion are very effective

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.