How long after you've been taking your antiviral will your first outbreak go away?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on the antiviral oral medicine for a little over a week now and my pubic area feels much better, but I have two little baby cold sores that are trying to pop up. It's my first outbreak so I'm very new to this and trying to come to terms with it. I'm under a lot of stress and I know that doesn't help. I've been treating it with tea tree oil products (from Lush) and hydrogen peroxide. I'm wondering approximately how long they will take to go away. Also....if you have any better suggestions than what I'm doing, please feel free to share. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Honestly the anti viral will not quicken it up it will simply just stop new sores coming up!!

Mine lasted 3 weeks but my friends lasted 2 weeks maybe?

Our absolute GOD away lidocaine try get your hands on it, it will numb everything

Drink loooooads of water and try and be positive because being upset and crying 24/7 over it will only make it worst x

• Posted

My first out break I was taking 1000 MG Valtrex and within 2 days I strated to feel relief after a week on this all symptoms are gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.