How long before forming dependence after starting propranolol?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed propranolol 10 mg for anxiety on monday. i took one pill monday and one on wednesday. i read about the risks of stopping after forming dependence and it worried me, i would prefer not to he dependent on something. can i stop taking at this point without risking problems since ive only taken a low dose twice? thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i replied to your original post but why not take them, if you have been given them for anxiety you need to take them as prescribed for a few weeks to let them help you.

• Posted

hi i've been on propranolol for just over a year 10mg 3x daily for anxiety was on 4 but happy on 3 they have helped me with my anxiety as i cannot tolerate antidepressants

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.