How long did Celexa take to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

Did anyone have it take a long time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’ve been taking 20mg for 5 weeks now. I have amazing days and real bad days as it’s still very early days!

How long have you been taking it? 

Many people say it can take up to 3-4 months to really get going 

• Posted

I have been on it since July!It worked perfect for me in 2009 and I stayed on it for five yes,got weaned off during pregnancy and all my OCD w anxiety came back!I was on 40 for 10 weeks had a dip that lasted two weeks so doc upped me to 60 and stayed there for 14 weeks!Had a big dip after Christmas so she dropped me back down to 40!Been on 40 last two days!I have been on this since July having some good moments but always having bad come back,and the bad seems to be at its worst since I have been on the med!Imso confused and don't know why it worked so fast and well for me before

• Posted

Hi. Been on it for 2 months. Now on 30mg. Much better but still have dodgy times but few and far between

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.