How long did it take for your sleep to return on Celexa?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just had to re start taking Celexa after being off of it for only 3 months. I am on 10 mgs The majority of the side effects went away after 3.5 weeks. I am still feeling pretty anxious and struggling to get quality sleep. Anyone struggle with getting good sleep? Did it go away after a certain amount of time?

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am on the same dosage, and have been for almost a year and a half now. I remember jolting awake in the middle of the night when I first started. I still take it at night and have found that if I’m pretty active during the day I sleep alright. For me it’s worth it because I slept much worse without it. Best of luck to you.
    • Posted

Jillian thank you for the response. I use to be on 20 mgs and I slept great I till I thought I was good enough to get off of it. Re starting it has been a nightmare and I’m scared to jump up to 20 mgs due to the side effects and insomnia isn’t the first few weeks that made me feel awful. I’m hoping I feel somewhat better in a couple weeks and will see if I need to make a changed🙏🏻

• Posted

Jazmin, 

Stay at the 10mg otherwise you’ll start all over with the side effects. I’m at 10mg since 2/24 I did go to 5 mg for a week then back up to 10mg and been there since. I didn’t sleep at all in the beginning 2 weeks. It was crazy. The sleep came back slowly over 2 months. I would take Xanax to help me sleep. I’m not going up. The past 2 weeks have been really great. I’m back to myself 👍🏼

I do sometimes still take Xanax to sleep but I’ve always been like that. My job is very stressful! Stay positive keep me posted. 

Will😎

• Posted

been on citalopram now for 12 weeks sleep a little better but still not like before hoping it will come good soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.