How long do blips last

Posted , 8 users are following.

i should be an old hand to this but this blip has knocked me for six how long do they normally last . i m petrified im going back to how i was before and it took me 9 weeks to get back to normality last time

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

blips can last seconds /minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/our bodies are all do different i had a blip that lasted three weeks.i thought my meds weren't working.but i was wrong .

• Posted

what did u do michelle just sit it out

• Posted

i stupidly went up yo 15 mg because i panicked . i did some breathing exercises and went to bed i get really tired and nausea when i m at my worst and hot flushes . i am back on 10mg now hoping that i will be ok in a couple of days i start work at 7 so have to be up early . the mornings are when i struggle

• Posted

Mine usually would last at least a week.

I used to come on here a lot to talk get reassurance, tell my self it was a blip.

Try and make a structured routine, get up breakfast shower, go out see people, or go for a walk in nature, go to the library, then go to the gym, swim sauna , get home eat if i could, put comedy on tv, and let my self drift to sleep, if i didn't sleep i would try not to worry, but being busy all day and active would usually knock me out, most of the time anyway. Set the alarm to wake up as wakeing up naturally would bring on anxiety or even a panic attack.

Your brain will start to calm down and adjust.

Always here to help. Xx

• Posted

yes i know all this really its just getting my mind positive again . i think it knocks u back when u get a blip as u think the meds arent working . It doesnt help when my sister keeps saying its the meds come off them

• Posted

No that doesnt help at all, but it does give you a knock that's for sure, just tell your self this time next week you will be pk, thats a good positpositive attude to start with .

X

• Posted

Hey Michelle, it's hard to say how long, but I know I can extend a blip by worrying about it.

As hard as it is to do, you have to just kind of shrug about it, as in 'OK its a blip, come on then, do your worst.' And also, don't try to 'be positive' cos that's just exhausting.

It's a blip, it will settle again, you've upset your nervous system a bit but it will adjust itself again.

Other factors also to consider: if you're in the UK, the clock change has just plunged us all into darkness. That can impact how we feel for a while. I had a virus last week and oh my god, after several weeks of feeling better, I felt really anxious and depressed again. So my blip has blipped for about 8 days now. Wishing it would blip off, its nasty, but it will go eventually. So will yours. Its annoying, but you have to just wait it out.

• Posted

hi ruth i went swimming this morning before work but didnt help much .I really struggle mornings hopefully it will pass soon x

• Posted

Hi Michelle, it's great that you got yourself to swim. Even if you don't feel it's done much good, it will have done. And you've gone to work, that's also great.

• Posted

My last blip lasted 2 weeks....I did then up my dose from 20mg to 30mg, DR's orders. I had very mild side effects for 2-3 days and "touch wood" have been good since. It defo is mind over matter, if you dwell on it it won't shift. If you allow it to be there and cope with it as best you can it will shift quicker. I still have them but they dwindle over hours rather than days now.

• Posted

Hi

Can I ask you all what you mean by blips? What symptoms are you getting? Trying to figure out my own feelings.

Thanks

• Posted

blips are your initual anxiety symptoms hitting you again while you are recovering.

• Posted

Thanks Lois

I've been good for a few days but yesterday and today I've been getting some anxiety symptoms back. Must have been triggered off by entertaining yesterday and news of family illness. Was on 7.5, gone back to 10 a week ago and was doing great on 10 until the weekend. No point even considering coming off any more, I need it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.