How long do people with cerebral ischemia live?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mom lost her memory several months ago. It all started when she was confusing me with her cousin and then started screaming that she lost her daughter and that I am not her daughter. She was asking me to find her real daughter which was actually me! I soon contacted my dad and asked him for help as I didn't know what to do in such a situation. My father showed her to doctors and they diagnosed her with the illness of cerebral ischemia. Recently I've read an article in the internet that people with such diagnose live only 5 to 10 years and that really made me scare. Please help me, i would like to know if this data is actually true. I don't want to lose my mom in such a young age.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.