How long do your prescriptions last?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had a bowel resection in May, everything is going well, I am managing to eat and drink everything so far...  Suffering Acid reflux but not nothing I would moan about yet.

I have been advised by my consultant to now have the maximum dose possible of azathioprine, normally my g.p prescribes me 2 months but has suddenly cut it to 2 weeks, I have enquired as to why but received no explanation. Does anyone else have their scripts 2 weeks at a time or if anyone has any idea  why it may of been changed after being on the same medication for 15 years I would be grateful to hear. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello kerry! Glad youre doing well!

I think it may be incase you react so theyve not given you a stock of it!

Its all i can think of, my daughter takes epilepsy meds which they will only give us once a month which is a faff too!

So glad youredoing well

• Posted

Hi Alfielefoo, how are you?

I thought it may be something like that however I am going up in small doses plus I have been on this medication for a long time..

I hope when I have reached the maximum it will go back to 2 monthly as this will be costly!

Nice to hear from you, hope you are well.

• Posted

Exactly! Nearly 9 quid every 2 weeks is dear!!

What dose will you be on?

Im ok, meant to start aza when i actually get the prescription, and threats of humira which i dont fancy.

It does seem daft 2 weeks when youre already in the stuff.

• Posted

It is daft to me, I have spoken to my surgery twice to ask why the doctor has done this and they won't give an explanation. 🙄

I will be on 150mg, after having the op I have put on 1stone 6.. 

Glad you are doing ok, are you able to eat normally now?

• Posted

Excellent!!! 1.6 stone is good.

I am.not great with eggs.

What about you?

And ive gone off red meat too.

Its so nice to eat stuff that isnt just beige😂

• Posted

😂your right there, it's a colourful  diet now haha.

I am fine with everything for the time being, I still have this feeling it's going to come back out the blue though, do you get reflux?

I also have to have a colonoscopy soon 😩

I am trying to avoid it as long as possible. 

• Posted

Ive had reflux for as long as i can remember. I take the old zantac for that!

Do.you sometimes full like you have an upper bloating?

I had the scope in july i think it was, they used the small one was so much easier.

Xx

• Posted

Recently I have got a bit of upper bloating but I have noticed I am gassy again, this had stopped after the op but has now started up again.. I think more than bloated I feel full quite a lot of the time? 

Not looking forward to the scope, I managed to put it off until after Xmas xx

• Posted

I know what you mean about gassy.

Tho when you mention it you just get the head nods and no explanation.

I cancelled the scope the first time just wasnt ready for it.

X

• Posted

How long after your op did you have the colonoscopy?

I am trying to put it off as long as possible while everything is going ok..Don't want to rock the boat while things are good. X

• Posted

It was meant to be 6 months, but got to 9 in the end.

its a bit iffy thinking about them poking about!

• Posted

Wel I am thinking the same, they wanted to do it before xmas now actually but I said no after xmas x
  • Posted

Hello Kerry,  glad 2 hear you are doing great. Am afraid I can't help with prescription queries but it might be helpful speaking with your pharmacy. 

I have had a few set back with obstruction and surgeon reluctant to open up again. Just being careful with life & diet. 

Good luck with everything 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, how long ago was it you had your resection? 

I keep thinking something is going to happen I am watching every little sign..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.