how long does an AD drug last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i've been on antidepressant for 4 days now...i noticed that the first 12 hours after taking it I feel ok with very mild symptoms...but at night i feel the same dreadful feeling like before. i was wondering if its because the effect of the drug wears off or it could be another reason...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Depends what you are taking, some have a half life of 24 hours, others like Fluoxetine is about two weeks. What are your meds?
  • Posted

I started a low dose of Zoloft about 4 days ago and have noticed a similar problem. I think I see slight improvement during the day, but at night I can feel my anxiety peak.
  • Posted

It takes about 2 weeks to work

Much longer then 4 days as time goes on you will find out the best times to take them normally at night

• Posted

The feeling you get what is it like
    • Posted

palpitations,raised bp,shakiness,lightheaded,random pains and feeling tired
    • Posted

i was advised to take it in the.morning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.