How long does it take hrt to work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’m 53 and my last period was 3 years ago. I’ve been managing ok with menopausal symptoms until 3 months ago. I felt like I had hit a brick wall.... felt woozy, felt faint, terrible nausea, horrific hot flushes day and night. I was put on Kliovance but 3 weeks later I still felt as bad. I’ve now been put on Elleste Duet Conti. How long will it take for my oestrogen levels to build up and for my to feel well again?

Thanks x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Can anyone help me?
  • Posted

Hi Jeudi, from my personal experience of trying different hrt methods it seemed to take about 3 months to start havimg an effect when I found one that seemed to work with my body . On one occasion i was given oestrogen gel to rub in and told it would take a few days but it didnt for me x
    • Posted

I hope it doesn’t take 3 months for me . X
  • Posted

Hi, I was on it only for 3 weeks and it stop the heat but I discontinue it because I'm scared of that drug and I'm going through it naturally by eating more healthy, at the moment the hot flashes die down but warm under the sheets at night can't wait for it all to be over.

• Posted

I was once told 2 weeks to feel a difference,  2 months to get to full effect. 

But I’m amazed, because  i have some strange sensations immediately. Don’t know why I feel it so strongly. 

• Posted

Hi my doc has said 2-3 months. My hot flushes during the day stopped after 2 weeks but still getting the night ones. Still feel really dreadful in myself ..... exhausted, weak , nauseous, no appetite, shaky xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.