How long does the herpes backpain last?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I caught HSV2 more than 2 weeks ago, and I have been suffering from a severe lower back/upper buttock pain on my left side for about 2 weeks now. The lesions came and left a week ago and the back pain persists. Any advice? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had severe neuropathy on both buttock and back of legs and had to go to the ER. I was given neurontin which is. A nerve pain medicine and helped make the pain minimal. I'd say 3 weeks after I had the pain, that it subsided. Although not long after, I missed valtrex and no longer was on neurontin and started experiencing it again. As soon as I took valtrex, it started to go away. 3 months later and I take valtrex daily. I sometimes feel a burning/tingly feeling on my tailbone that lasts a minute or so, but nothing else. I suggest taking valtrex. I still get obs if I miss my evening pill, cause I was out all night and drinking. If I take it before I go out and stay out late drinking I won't ob and I've not felt pain w those.. Just tingling and itching, even on back of thighs. I think for some people, the virus causes severe irritation and inflammation to the nerves. . ask to be put on a nerve pain med. Keep me updated
    • Posted

Omg @feelbroken!! I had these same feelings back , hips top legs for months before I had an outbreak, they'd tense me right up hurt so much. Then I ended up sick with gastro and the pains started excruciatingly i also had my feet go red and burning badly I thought was jusr the gaestro affecting me, the Dr had put me on antibiotics twice for a uti the first couple times with the pains , then a week after hospital with gaestro I came up in 8-10 sores told the nurse what I'd experienced and she said it was herpes symptom but when I read up it says other things and I knew I wasn't nuts knew what I felt I have had few sores since 1 to 2 maybe but I get some feelings with no sores not bad very bearable but I've not heard anyone say they had what I had

• Posted

Hey Adam I just found out I have HSV2 yesterday’s in I’m having those same pains how long did it last after the lesion left? My lesion is still there in I’m fresh what also did you use to relieve the pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.