How long for detectable antibodies

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a risky exposure in Oct of this year and 4 1/2 months later I'm getting negative results on igG testing. I even did a western blot at 17 wks and the professionals say that 12 wks is enough for that test. I've been reading that igG picks up first and the western blot detects more antigens off igG. should I be relieved even tho something isn't right down there and felt irritated ever since. having hsv1 for a long time slows antibodies by a few wks I'm told. 4 n half months and no detection and Every time I test it picks up the hsv1 and 2 is always normal. I should be relieved but I don't know what's going on down there. they say it can take 6 months but mainly for someone whose immunocompromized. I'm healthy enough to have gotten a low positive by now or equivocal at that. someone help me make sense of this. how soon should antibodies be detected I read so many different things I'm not sure. has anyone that's been through this tested positive after how long did it take. thank you so much for your time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

does anyone have an idea on how long to wait before a blood test. 4 1/2 months I have a negative result for hsv2. I keep reading different things and the fact i have hsv1 I read it can help fight h2 and slow seoroconversion. not sure what to believe at this rate. should I believe these results or retest at 6 months. what I've felt isn't normal for me for sure.

• Posted

hi. I'm in the same boat you are. something isn't right with me either. tested at 5 months and came out negative. but the doctors can't find out what's wrong with me. have you had any thing else going on with you? what are your symptoms?

• Posted

Hi I haven't noticed no tingling or nothing but I did get a bump that's lasted 3 months and irritating me at times. not sure what's going on. nothing ever blistered and I've had cold sores so I kno the feeling. I have an appointment with the derm and I'm gonna demand a biopsy I don't want no guessing. the last derm said it was mallescum but it doesn't look like it to me. I'm sorry these docs aren't very useful. I'm sure it's not h cause it's lasted so long and no ulcers but then again not sure what to make of it. Are u having any symptoms.

• Posted

the igG is more sensitive to hsv2 than 1 to what I understand. so I'd believe the negative results. also if u havent had blisters or leasions. I wouldn't sweat it. after I got my so called mc froze and all the trauma it caused down there is expect an outbreak. nothing of the sort. it's not mc tho it can be bacteria or hair follicle infection from friction. if u look at my other posts and pics it got bigger from the cryotherapy and has gone down quite a bit in the few days. still a bump under the skin. I hope it stays untill my apoitment to get it biopsied. if they don't I'm walking out. I'll show the new derm pics and explain my case if he says mc I'll take it if not then I'd be lost. from what I've read masturbation or any trauma will cause an out break and I tried everything to get 1. I've even done a western blot and gonna do another 1 in a few wks. if it wasn't for that bump causing me a mild burning sensation and slight irritation I'd of pit this all behind me. I also assumed warts but it wasn't typical looking so not too sure about that. it's under the skin too. to my understanding wart is above the skin. I don't buy mc either cause u get more then 1. I was in her office 5 min and ahe glanced for half a sec and said mc. I should of pushed for a biopsy from the Begining smh. I've learned alot reading up on this stuff.

• Posted

well what did you find out. I just found tears on my butthole and am going to get tested thursday.

• Posted

last igG test was last week and was negative and that was at 7 months. I had a lump under the skin removed and biopsied and turned out to be a sabacious cyst from bacteria. I plan on testing next month. best of luck to you. let me know your results. I wouldn't worry too much because those tears can be anything and from what I've learned gh recurs at or around the site of entry. I understand u had vaginal sex to begin with.

• Posted

well it can happen anywhere in the boxer area. but I've been having some symptoms but nothing that looks like actual lesions like most people here. but I feel like most people find out right after they get it or doesn't take them that long. so I'm going to try and find out whats wrong with me. hopefully this new doc can help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.