How long recovery??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had my op two weeks tomorrow. Feeling good except for aching n burning sensation in tummy. Can't really wear anything yet. How long did you feel back to normal and comfortable again?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

About a month for me. It was my staples what bothered me the most. They were so painful and angry looking that I took them out myself.
    • Posted

Gawd your brave taking them out. I've not got staples just dissolving stickers n glue. Hopefully I will start noticing pain going then soon. Just so uncomfortable at min.
    • Posted

Haha I couldnt bare it so I had to.☺

Make sure you drink lots of boiled water cause when constipation kicks in it bloody knackers!

It was the best thing I ever done. You also gain a lot of weight so make sure you eat the right thing. Keep away from fatty food until your body feels well enough to digest.

• Posted

why the wait gain??? I sitll have pain in my stomach area for three week and it is not 4 weeks after sugury yet. Nove .18 I had it out and went to work(3&4 Year old) 1 and half week later. So I was in pain for the times I was at work. When I got home went to sleep. Pain pills really did nothing except help me sleep better. I can now sleep on both sides and back, put prefer sitting up . Bending still hurts. Balth room routine is not the same. 
    • Posted

Am ok going to bathroom had no changes there at all. Two weeks today my op. And just woken to pain in right side every time I move like a stitch. Hopefully all these aches will gradually wear off then in next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.