How long will it take for a crowned teeth to settle down?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a dental implant for one of the missing front tooth in the upper jaw. Everything went well until I had dental crowns. I always use my tongue to touch the back portion of my crown. It feels weird. My gum feels tired as I always touch the back of my crown using my tongue.

Sometimes. I wish I could just take it off. I want my mouth to get some rest. I don't know whether I can eventually get used to the new crown and feel it as if it were my real tooth. I am worried and have no idea of what should be done. This is driving me crazy. I am planning to visit a dental clinic which is a registered dental hygienist in Edmonton ( http://www.rootsonwhytedental.com/meet-our-team/ ).

What shall I do now? Will I eventually get used to my crown? Any response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what you are feeling right now but this may just be discomfort and it normally takes time to get used to it. How long has it been since the procedure?

• Posted

you might can get it Dentist to grind it down a bit if it seems to big, I had this done, had done better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.